[SOLVED] Fps drops on r9 285

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
I bought r9 285 power color 2gb gddr5 and i tested it on userbenchmark and i had 44% which is 2% faster than average benchmark
And my problem is when i play fortnite on medium or high or actualy any settings i have wierd fps drops.
When i drop out of bus then i have huge fps drop and i lasts for about 30 sec after i land.
And sometimes the texture can't render so everything loses shape it probably lasts for 30sec-3min
When settings are on medium or lower then there is no drops after that, but on high or epic then i have drops whole game when i move fast and render new texture but when i stay on one place for ome thime then game runs smoothly on 50+ fps on epic
I am running newest drivers 19.1.1
And i tried some 17.*.* but it was even worse.
Please help me if you know what is problem.
My specs

Monitor 22" 1680x1050
Ram 6gb 1333mhz
Cpu i3 3210
Motherboard is some gigabyte
Gpu r9 285

Solution
Minimum CPU requirement for Fortnite is an i3, and a recommended cpu is an i5. Perhaps, the cpu can't keep up with the game at higher settings, and at the beginning of the game when the level is being loaded into RAM.

drjiga

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Minimum CPU requirement for Fortnite is an i3, and a recommended cpu is an i5. Perhaps, the cpu can't keep up with the game at higher settings, and at the beginning of the game when the level is being loaded into RAM.

Solution