Question FPS drops on recently built PC ?

Aug 17, 2022
Not sure if anyone can help, but I tried everything else so might as well. Built a new gaming pc (cost about 1k) had it for about a month everything was working great. Now fps is dropping on even low-end games like league of legends, but for some reason marvels spider-man runs pretty smoothly. Cpu and gpu temps are normal I think.
Playing league of legends gpu clock speed from 6 to 700, spider-man : 1000 to 2200, not if it's normal.

Benchmark test :
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54658389#DRIVE

Some more info here's more stats not sure if that helps
https://im.ge/i/ODQ8K0
Ran another UBM again nothing really changed

The main question I have is why rd2 is running great while league of legends is pretty much unplayable, and I don't think it's the internet because fps is dropping not ms.

Also did a full reset of the pc nothing changed.

Last edited:

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Would really help if we could get a full list of your machine's specs.

My first question is had you made any changes to your machine either in software or hardware when you started noticing the lag?

Is that correct it says your boot partition is located on the hard drive? If true your machine is going to be quite slow. Your CPU results don't look right, they look pretty crap to me. GPU core clock looks too low but might be because CPU is under performing.

At first glance it looks to me like you have an issue with your CPU if those results are correct.

Not sure if anyone can help, but I tried everything else so might as well. Built a new gaming pc (cost about 1k) had it for about a month everything was working great. Now fps is dropping on even low-end games like league of legends, but for some reason marvels spider-man runs pretty smoothly. Cpu and gpu temps are normal I think.
Playing league of legends gpu clock speed from 6 to 700, spider-man : 1000 to 2200, not if it's normal.

Benchmark test :
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54658389#DRIVE
Try UBM again but this time

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.

Aug 17, 2022
Is that correct it says your boot partition is located on the hard drive? If true your machine is going to be quite slow. Your CPU results don't look right, they look pretty crap to me. GPU core clock looks too low but might be because CPU is under performing.

At first glance it looks to me like you have an issue with your CPU if those results are correct.

Not sure if boot partition is located on the hard drive I had some help building the pc. Could it be the cause and can I fix it ?

Not sure if boot partition is located on the hard drive I had some help building the pc. Could it be the cause and can I fix it ?
It won't do you any favours and could cause some issues in games, if you did have Windows on a HDD then I would recommend cloning it to an SSD. May I ask how long your PC takes to start up?

It's not my favourite benchmark, however if I were to take what Userbenchmark is showing literally then there appears to be something wrong with your CPU setup, it's single core score is less than half the average for that CPU.

Aug 17, 2022
It won't do you any favours and could cause some issues in games, if you did have Windows on a HDD then I would recommend cloning it to an SSD. May I ask how long your PC takes to start up?

It's not my favourite benchmark, however if I were to take what Userbenchmark is showing literally then there appears to be something wrong with your CPU setup, it's single core score is less than half the average for that CPU.
Hmm any ideas what could it be ? and why can I run single player games pretty much with no lag. This <Mod Edit> so confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm any ideas what could it be ? and why can I run single player games pretty much with no lag. This <Mod Edit> so confusing.
I'm not really convinced by that Userbenchmark thing to be honest if you can run RD2 ok. Poor internet connection can cause FPS drops in games, I've had it playing Battlefield multiplayer. Dumb question but have you checked your connection speed and ping?

A weak Wifi signal can also cause FPS drops and stutter in multiplayer games.

Aug 17, 2022
I'm not really convinced by that Userbenchmark thing to be honest if you can run RD2 ok. Poor internet connection can cause FPS drops in games, I've had it playing Battlefield multiplayer. Dumb question but have you checked your connection speed and ping?

A weak Wifi signal can also cause FPS drops and stutter in multiplayer games.
Ms stays around 30, unless it's false. I did have some cpu overheating problems, but I fixed it, do you think it could have caused some permanent damage to the cpu ?

chieftec atx psu force series cps 750s 12 cm fan 750w
not sure where to find cpu cooler model but if I'll I send it.
Your PSU is absolute garbage. I wouldn't even trust that to be in a system without a dedicated GPU. One thing to know about it is that it really isn't a 750W PSU. Almost everything runs on the 12V rails now and that only does 56A. That means it can only give out 650W across the 12V rails. On top of that it gives out more wattage to the 3.3V & 5V rails than know high quality PSUs of the same wattage (130W vs 100W). Not much runs on the 3.3V or 5V rails so having 130W from a 750W max PSU doesn't make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that PSU cannot reliably send power required to the CPU and GPU at the same time.

Aug 17, 2022
Your PSU is absolute garbage. I wouldn't even trust that to be in a system without a dedicated GPU. One thing to know about it is that it really isn't a 750W PSU. Almost everything runs on the 12V rails now and that only does 56A. That means it can only give out 650W across the 12V rails. On top of that it gives out more wattage to the 3.3V & 5V rails than know high quality PSUs of the same wattage (130W vs 100W). Not much runs on the 3.3V or 5V rails so having 130W from a 750W max PSU doesn't make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that PSU cannot reliably send power required to the CPU and GPU at the same time.
damnn thanks what about thermaltake smart BX1 rgb 750 W