Question FPS drops, specs included with specific information describing exactly whats going on.

Mar 28, 2023
So the issue im having is in fortnite, splitgate, dayz, mostly games that i get a really high refresh rate in. when i look back and forth quickly like for a snap shot or just in a close quarter fight i need to look right to left extremely fast i get a huge frame drop to literally 1fps not exaggerating. now if i have the game and only the game open it doesnt happen its perfectly smooth but when i have discord open it has that huge frame drop when i have to look back and forth quickly. my suspicion is that maybe my m.2 because its my only drive currently and it has less than 100gb left of space that might be causing the frame drop while other windows are open like discord but i would think the ram and cpu mostly would handle that. now going a little deeper into my situation just to give you guys alittle more insight and perspective on my build and whats going on. ive had to rebuilt my pc atleast 5 times because of motherboards just being bricked over and over and literally over again.. my build was even featured on greg salazar's fix or flop series (ill include the link below if anyone is interested in seeing my build the only thing thats changed from then is the graphics card from a 3070 to a 3080 and motherboard). i havent really played modern warfare 2 at all lately so i have no idea if i get the frame drops in that game while i have discord open if this post gets traction i will try whatever advice i can thanks in advance!
specs include
I9-11900k
asus tuf 3080
z590 asus tuf mobo
1tb samsung 980 pro m.2 ssd
1000w corsair (dont remember the exact model not relevant for issue)
4 8gb corsair vengeance rgb 360mhz cl16
corsair 360mm aio.
corsair 5000x rgb case.
Fix or Flop video featuring my pc
View: https://youtu.be/3Ss4yRDPYjw

So the issue im having is in fortnite, splitgate, dayz, mostly games that i get a really high refresh rate in. when i look back and forth quickly like for a snap shot or just in a close quarter fight i need to look right to left extremely fast i get a huge frame drop to literally 1fps not exaggerating. now if i have the game and only the game open it doesnt happen its perfectly smooth but when i have discord open it has that huge frame drop when i have to look back and forth quickly. my suspicion is that maybe my m.2 because its my only drive currently and it has less than 100gb left of space that might be causing the frame drop while other windows are open like discord but i would think the ram and cpu mostly would handle that. now going a little deeper into my situation just to give you guys alittle more insight and perspective on my build and whats going on. ive had to rebuilt my pc atleast 5 times because of motherboards just being bricked over and over and literally over again.. my build was even featured on greg salazar's fix or flop series (ill include the link below if anyone is interested in seeing my build the only thing thats changed from then is the graphics card from a 3070 to a 3080 and motherboard). i havent really played modern warfare 2 at all lately so i have no idea if i get the frame drops in that game while i have discord open if this post gets traction i will try whatever advice i can thanks in advance!
specs include
I9-11900k
asus tuf 3080
z590 asus tuf mobo
1tb samsung 980 pro m.2 ssd
1000w corsair (dont remember the exact model not relevant for issue)
4 8gb corsair vengeance rgb 360mhz cl16
corsair 360mm aio.
corsair 5000x rgb case.
Fix or Flop video featuring my pc
View: https://youtu.be/3Ss4yRDPYjw
If that's your PC in the video then he never installed the drivers for the board I'm assuming he didn't have your password

the motherboard has been changed again since the video. did you read my entire caption? the video is just a history on my pc.
I did I also noted that was the third mobo and I have seen no where that states you have fresh installed windows anywhere..... You have several motherboard drivers and different chipset audio sata controller drivers you computer has no idea what to do any more it has 600 things telling one part to do everything

TRENDING THREADS