[SOLVED] Fps drops/stutters even at low CPU/GPU usage

Aug 16, 2020
Well, hello everyone willing to give some more insight on this matter. It has been haunting me for over 2 years now, and I don't know how, what, or where is happening.

Here I leave a pic inside one of my games, PSO2, a tean years old game with all the data recovered with HWinfo: [Imgur]( View: https://imgur.com/FysXszB
)

My pc is a laptop with a I7-7700HQ, GTX 1060 - 3GB, 8GB RAM. At first, I thought about thermal throttling, but like in the pic above, that's not the problem. Even in less demanding games where there is no hotness at all, the throttle/fps drops/stutter continues, as a even lower CPU/GPU usage.

To be more clear, in this game, PSO2, I can't even achieve 60fps with this hardware, which doesn't make any sense, and it repeats with evertything, dropping fps at really random times, without noticing any spike on any usage.

As an another example, in a game like WoW Retail, on High/ultra settings, I have btw 100 to 70 fps dancing all over the place, with spikes to the 40s, 30s, or even 20s, making it a hell to play. Lowering the settings, just make the fps dance a BIT more stable, but the spikes, with the hellish stutter is just the same.
I really want to play something for once, so if someone is more experienced with this sort of problem, I would appreciate it so much.

There are something strange that I read here, but... I'm using an external monitor to play through HDMI. I don't know if this makes any sense, but just in case.

Solution
The RAM, is it 1x8gb or 2x4gb? Unfortunately a lot of laptops are supplied with single channel RAM which will cause stuttering and random FPS drops.