Question FPS drops/stutters in Rocket League only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
About a month or 2 ago, I started having severe frame drops on Rocket League, but every other game I play runs perfectly smooth. I cap my FPS at 144 on RL, and when the stutter happens, it ALWAYS drops to around 27 FPS, causing a half second freeze which completely ruins the game and makes it impossible to play at a high level. I've noticed that it usually only happens during online games, i don't really get the same stuttering issue in training or private matches alone, but as soon as I invite someone to the private match, the stuttering starts. I've tried countless things, too many to even list, and cannot find a solution.

Here is a video of the in-game performance graph: https://streamable.com/omn6v

Specs: 1070 ti, Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb DDR4 ram

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Are you connected via eithernet cable? If so go to your motherboards manufacturers website and download/install the latest LAN driver. If wifi get the newest wifi driver.

Is your 2600X overclocked?
Memory speed?
Have the latest driver, my cpu isn't overclocked, but AMD's turbo boost is turned on. Memory speed is 2933MHz

finnvandermeer

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
Reinstall the game fully, try using internet trough cable. If you try lots of things, you'll eventually find the reason. Maybe a full clean install of windows could take care of it, but i understand that might not be worth it.

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Reinstall the game fully, try using internet trough cable. If you try lots of things, you'll eventually find the reason. Maybe a full clean install of windows could take care of it, but i understand that might not be worth it.
I've tried reinstalling on both my HDD and SDD and neither show any signs of improvement, also have already reinstalled windows :/

Jul 15, 2019
I continue to have the same issue as you and can’t figure it out.
Specs
CPU i7 9700k
GPU RTX 2080
Trident Z 16gb 3200 MHz
And I am on Ethernet with fiber internet running at 300mb

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Just built a new PC, same issue as old one.

Old PC:
i5 3570k at 4.3ghz
512gb ssd
16gb ddr3 at 1600mhz

New:
r5 3600k
1tb nvme
16gb ddr4 at 3600mhz c14

both using rx fury card. The game runs fine in the beginning but begins to slow down as i play longer. after an hour, i will have to restart the computer to get the game to normalize; quitting and restarting doesn't fix it.

Sep 11, 2019
extra sign up at this page to say i have the same weird fps drops in rl since maybe 10 days.
the most weird about it, its only in ranked mode?!?!??!
whatever it rly is , it seems to be a database problem , since our pc's and connections are fine

i mean one match im in normal mode 60pfs + normal ping
next match ranked is 17 -20 fps and suddenly 100 ping

something very weird is going on since EPIC (fuck them) bought Psyonix

Sep 13, 2019
Hey guys,

I too was having this same issue and it started back about 4 months ago for me. Before then RocketLeague ran completely normal other than crappy server connections.

Tonight I figured out what was causing all my issues, and I feel dumb for not trying this sooner, but it was my antivirus.

I'm running Malwarebytes and I had to disable all the realtime protection before starting up Rocket League. Web protection: off; Exploit protection: off; Malware protection: off; Ransomware protection: off. All frame rate drops I was having have now vanished.

Hope this helps someone else!

Apr 9, 2020
About a month or 2 ago, I started having severe frame drops on Rocket League, but every other game I play runs perfectly smooth. I cap my FPS at 144 on RL, and when the stutter happens, it ALWAYS drops to around 27 FPS, causing a half second freeze which completely ruins the game and makes it impossible to play at a high level. I've noticed that it usually only happens during online games, i don't really get the same stuttering issue in training or private matches alone, but as soon as I invite someone to the private match, the stuttering starts. I've tried countless things, too many to even list, and cannot find a solution.

Here is a video of the in-game performance graph: https://streamable.com/omn6v

Specs: 1070 ti, Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb DDR4 ram

My man u gotta try running it on directx9 to do that u have to :
go properties of the game
set launch options
type "-dx9" in there , this worked for me and my friend and mind that u cant use Bakkesmod with dx9!

Status
Not open for further replies.