Question Fps drops, the GPU?

shadowcat777

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Ok so i ve got a i5 8600k. gtx 1070 ti. 8gb. 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram and Asus PRIME Z370-P motherboard.
My problem is that i get fps drops in most of games that i play. especially games that also are known not to be so well optimized.
in GTA V/Online however it runs perfect. and i check the task manager while playing and see that its only using the CPU
and nothing of the GPU (only the GPU ram memory.) so my thinking is, Might it be possible that this means there is something
wrong with my GPU? I have turn my computer in for mentenance but they couldnt find any problem with my components.
I want to ask here again,about this problem i have with games. other games that did run well was also Elder scrolls online, Just Cause 3 and Dauntless.
other than that most games i play have fps drops. CS GO runs OK too (Only drops a bit at the beginning of the match.)
Might it be a good idea to change my GPU/ buy a new one ?
Kind regards. SC777

shadowcat777

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
I got this result from Userbenchmark. does it mean that my PC is still good, that the games are just badly optimized? https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23259009

Games that i have with fps drops are= CS GO (at beginning of the match.) Rust, quite much lag in Black Dessert Online, Dying light, Conan Exiles, Fallen Earth, Fortnite. A little in Minecraft, little in path of exile or sometimes good, etc

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS