[SOLVED] FPS drops to 0 when loading textures

Feb 23, 2021
I've a pretty decent config that should be able to run some games pretty easily. When loading some FPS games, i'm having some problems with harsh FPS drops for some time just after joining some online games like Overwatch. My game freezes for 10 seconds, stabilizes and drops the FPS again when i do something new(like shoot the gun) for some seconds, until it stabilizes. I think it have something to do with my SSDs, cause i can't play a game i used to due to a slower loading out of nowhere(Early Access online game that have a pretty <Mod Edit> time out limit).

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1070 TI - Driver version 461.40(Latest)
RAM: 16GB(2x8) 2400MHz
MOBO: A320M-DGS - BIOS version 5.90(latest recommended for pinnacle ridge)
Storage:
1x 256GB SanDisk sata SSD(almost 2 years of use, system installed on this SSD)
1x 480GB Kingston sata SSD(3 months of use, most of the games installed on this SSD)
1x 1TB <Mod Edit> HDD i use to save anything but games and softwares(Used to have really harsh FPS drops when installing games on it)
Screen resolution: 2560x1080
3DMark Time spy benchmark result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/58713763
3DMark Fire Strike benchmark result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/58740884?

I already tried everything, including disabling virtual memory/paging file, disabling and re-enabling SMT and CPU virtualisation, moving/reinstalling the games on the other SSD and i'm about to try getting a fresh windows install hoping it will finally fix it. I hope someone can help me before i have to reinstall everything on my system again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a pretty decent config that should be able to run some games pretty easily. When loading some FPS games, i'm having some problems with harsh FPS drops for some time just after joining some online games like Overwatch. My game freezes for 10 seconds, stabilizes and drops the FPS again when i do something new(like shoot the gun) for some seconds, until it stabilizes. I think it have something to do with my SSDs, cause i can't play a game i used to due to a slower loading out of nowhere(Early Access online game that have a pretty <Mod Edit> time out limit).

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1070 TI - Driver version 461.40(Latest)
RAM: 16GB(2x8) 2400MHz
MOBO: A320M-DGS - BIOS version 5.90(latest recommended for pinnacle ridge)
Storage:
1x 256GB SanDisk sata SSD(almost 2 years of use, system installed on this SSD)
1x 480GB Kingston sata SSD(3 months of use, most of the games installed on this SSD)
1x 1TB <Mod Edit> HDD i use to save anything but games and softwares(Used to have really harsh FPS drops when installing games on it)
Screen resolution: 2560x1080
3DMark Time spy benchmark result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/58713763
3DMark Fire Strike benchmark result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/58740884?

I already tried everything, including disabling virtual memory/paging file, disabling and re-enabling SMT and CPU virtualisation, moving/reinstalling the games on the other SSD and i'm about to try getting a fresh windows install hoping it will finally fix it. I hope someone can help me before i have to reinstall everything on my system again.
Is docp enable to set dual channel ram? And your ram timming set?

Feb 23, 2021
Is docp enable to set dual channel ram? And your ram timming set?
I believe it is set to dual channel, but the manual doesn't show how to check that. Apparently, it automatically sets to dual channel mode if i have identical ram modules, which i'm not sure if the BIOS recognize as the same cause i bought my second memory stick years later, with the exact same config. The only difference between both memory sticks is the heat spreader and serial number listed on the bios, but both are HyperX CL 15, 2400MHz modules.

EDIT: It is probably running on dual channel mode

Last edited:
I believe it is set to dual channel, but the manual doesn't show how to check that. Apparently, it automatically sets to dual channel mode if i have identical ram modules, which i'm not sure if the BIOS recognize as the same cause i bought my second memory stick years later, with the exact same config. The only difference between both memory sticks is the heat spreader and serial number listed on the bios, but both are HyperX CL 15, 2400MHz modules.

EDIT: It is probably running on dual channel mode
Run this instead it will tell you... Post a link with your results

iirc, before updating i didn't change anything from the BIOS other than the SMT mode which for some reason is disabled by default. After the update, i just enabled it again.
Okay but that right there should also tell you they change things during bios updates.... Soo you may need to readjust your bios again now that you udated... Maked sure dual channle is still auto enable... Make sure dimm speeds are right.