Question fps drops when cpu 100%

Mar 27, 2019
this problem started a couple of months ago when I would get random fps drops, i did some digging and figured out that my GPU was dropping to 300mhz, and the power would also go down. i then checked what else was being affected and saw that CPU was hitting 100% when the drops would happen, now I'm talking about games like grand theft auto, apex legends, fortnite. these games I would be able to run easy a couple of months ago, but now the CPU always hits 100% and GPU goes all the way down to protect its self, I have tried everything, watched countless youtube videos and nothing has helped my CPU to be more controlled, I even did a clean boot and nothing changed.
specs:
i5 7400 @3.00GHz
rx 480 4 gb
8 gb ddr4
anything helps,
much thx

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019
this problem started a couple of months ago when I would get random fps drops, i did some digging and figured out that my GPU was dropping to 300mhz, and the power would also go down. i then checked what else was being affected and saw that CPU was hitting 100% when the drops would happen, now I'm talking about games like grand theft auto, apex legends, fortnite. these games I would be able to run easy a couple of months ago, but now the CPU always hits 100% and GPU goes all the way down to protect its self, I have tried everything, watched countless youtube videos and nothing has helped my CPU to be more controlled, I even did a clean boot and nothing changed.
specs:
i5 7400 @3.00GHz
rx 480 4 gb
8 gb ddr4
anything helps,
much thx
specs:
i5 7400 @3.00GHz
rx 480 4 gb
8 gb ddr4
anything helps,
much thx
I am having the same issue more or less. CPU hits 100% (GPU @ <5%) and I’m dropping to 90-110 fps when I used to be able to run 140+ fps without hiccups. I’ve only tried playing Battlefield V so I’m not sure if other titles are affected as well.
i7 8700k
RTX 2080