[SOLVED] FPS drops when laptop is fully charged and plugged in

Jan 25, 2020
Hello! I have an Alienware 15 R2 gaming laptop, and I've been having a new problem recently. Whenever my laptop's on battery, it drops to 30 fps (normal, not an issue) and when it's charging, the FPS return to normal, at 80-120 fps. However when it finishes charging, my fps drops to a stable 49 fps. I've fiddled with both the Windows power options and Alienware Command Center power options, still happens. What's possibly the source of this? Thank you!

Solution
That is normal for laptop, when you running on battery, they will reduce the performance, and when you plugged in, they will maximize the power source. You can change this setting on power plan, set to balanced/high performance.

However when it finishes charging, my fps drops to a stable 49 fps. I've fiddled with both the Windows power options and Alienware Command Center power options, still happens. What's possibly the source of this?
Just for make sure, do you take out the power source when the laptop finish charging ? If yes, that is normal as I say before.
If no, Check for Change plan setting, then advance power setting. check the dialog box for processor power management and multimedia settings...
That is normal for laptop, when you running on battery, they will reduce the performance, and when you plugged in, they will maximize the power source. You can change this setting on power plan, set to balanced/high performance.

However when it finishes charging, my fps drops to a stable 49 fps. I've fiddled with both the Windows power options and Alienware Command Center power options, still happens. What's possibly the source of this?
Just for make sure, do you take out the power source when the laptop finish charging ? If yes, that is normal as I say before.
If no, Check for Change plan setting, then advance power setting. check the dialog box for processor power management and multimedia settings.

96652d1471451560-change-power-plan-settings-windows-10-a-advanced_power_options.jpg

Solution