Question FPS drops when playing League

Oct 9, 2021
I'm not sure if the problem is related to Windows 10 system, i really don't know what is causing it. Here is the thing:

I play League of Legends and lately i have huge FPS drops from 120 fps to 40, and it's really frequent, it makes me angry and i can't play properly.

I really don't know much about computers, usually i try searching the internet for help and here's what i already tried doing and none of these helped my problem:
  • Defragmenting my SSD and Hard Drive
  • Restoring my SSD and reinstalling Windows, my purpose with this was cleaning the SSD and making space on it (HD is untouched, maybe the problem is there?)
  • Both the drivers and system are updated
  • Tried playing it with antivirus disabled (i use Kaspersky security cloud with gaming mode on)
  • Reducing game texture quality
Here are my specs: graphic card geforce GTX 1060, processor intel core 6400 2.70ghz, 8GB RAM, 111GB SATA SSD, 931GB hard drive, two monitors the main one being LG FULL HD (1920x1080@60Hz) and secondary is 912Vwa (1440x900@60Hz) and the motherboard ASUS H110M-C/BR

Any help would be much appreciated, please be patient with me since i'm really not the expert on the subject

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the problem is related to Windows 10 system, i really don't know what is causing it. Here is the thing:

I play League of Legends and lately i have huge FPS drops from 120 fps to 40, and it's really frequent, it makes me angry and i can't play properly.

I really don't know much about computers, usually i try searching the internet for help and here's what i already tried doing and none of these helped my problem:
  • Restoring my SSD and reinstalling Windows, my purpose with this was cleaning the SSD and making space on it (HD is untouched, maybe the problem is there?)
  • Tried playing it with antivirus disabled (i use Kaspersky security cloud with gaming mode on)
Here are my specs: graphic card geforce GTX 1060, processor intel core 6400 2.70ghz, 8GB RAM, 111GB SATA SSD, 931GB hard drive, two monitors the main one being LG FULL HD (1920x1080@60Hz) and secondary is 912Vwa (1440x900@60Hz) and the motherboard ASUS H110M-C/BR

Any help would be much appreciated, please be patient with me since i'm really not the expert on the subject
Gaming on 8GB of ram won't work very well.
Bump that to 2x8GB fitted in the proper slots for dual channel.

Oct 9, 2021
Gaming on 8GB of ram won't work very well.
Bump that to 2x8GB fitted in the proper slots for dual channel.
But i've had this computer for 4 years and never got fps drops before, always used it for gaming. And also forgot to mention, my geforce 1060 has 6gb so it's not that bad having 8gb ram since my graphic card can handle it when i'm gaming

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

1. I highly beileve that your Graphics Card is OVERHEATING as you said above you are using from 4yrs, Try installing HWInfo
  2. Install this software, start it; choose/Tick Senors don't tick other box.
  3. You can see its shows temperatures, speeds of many components in a table format.
  4. Minimize it, start playing your game; as soon as frames drop. Minimize/Exit Game.
  5. Maximize HWInfo application Check your Graphic Cards temperatures
  6. Look at the Maximum Value, if it goes above or equals to 83 Celsius then its overheating !!
  7. In your reply please attach a screenshot of HWInfo afer playing game, that will be lot helpful !

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021
  1. I highly beileve that your Graphics Card is OVERHEATING as you said above you are using from 4yrs, Try installing HWInfo
  2. Install this software, start it; choose/Tick Senors don't tick other box.
  3. You can see its shows temperatures, speeds of many components in a table format.
  4. Minimize it, start playing your game; as soon as frames drop. Minimize/Exit Game.
  5. Maximize HWInfo application Check your Graphic Cards temperatures
  6. Look at the Maximum Value, if it goes above or equals to 83 Celsius then its overheating !!
  7. In your reply please attach a screenshot of HWInfo afer playing game, that will be lot helpful !

After playing a match this is my graphic card temperature

S0DHLFM.png

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

• Restoring my SSD and reinstalling Windows, my purpose with this was cleaning the SSD and making space on it (HD is untouched, maybe the problem is there?) ----> probably
  • I think you should try re-installing the Game this should fix if game files are missing.
  • Like Microsoft C++ Redistributables,
  • Direct X related files,
  • reinstalling will fix any missing game files...