Dec 23, 2019
I recently bought a new pc recently, it was doing fine until around 2 months ago when I started to get FPS drops in most of my games. I usually play league of legends, MHW and CSGO, but the problem is mainly with MHW and LOL. With LOL I saw a huge decrease in performance, I used to run it any around 430 FPS and now it’s at 130 with constant FPS drops even if I cap it at 80 FPS (even with lowest graphics nothing changes FPS values and lag stays the exact same). With MHW performance dropped from 120ish to 70 with FPS lag spikes and the lag spikes become less frequent when I cap it at 60fps but they still happen. Someone please help this issues is seriously annoying.

Solution
Operating system on ssd an games on hardrive

Yeah you need your games on the SSD as well for it to make a difference in performance. I would have bought a 1TB SSD at the very least if not a 2TB one for the space. The drive has to be able to read and write data quickly to and from the operating system and the application. It can't do that if they aren't actually stored there.
Dec 23, 2019
I recently bought a new pc recently, it was doing fine until around 2 months ago when I started to get FPS drops in most of my games. I usually play league of legends, MHW and CSGO, but the problem is mainly with MHW and LOL. With LOL I saw a huge decrease in performance, I used to run it any around 430 FPS and now it’s at 130 with constant FPS drops even if I cap it at 80 FPS (even with lowest graphics nothing changes FPS values and lag stays the exact same). With MHW performance dropped from 120ish to 70 with FPS lag spikes and the lag spikes become less frequent when I cap it at 60fps but they still happen. Someone please help this issues is seriously annoying.
Pc specs
Icore 5 9400F
Rtx 2060 asus rog
16gb ram
1T hardrive
250gb ssd
Can’t remember motherboard
I use malwarebytes to scan the pc
(I’m out of the country, pc is back home)

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Pc specs
Icore 5 9400F
Rtx 2060 asus rog
16gb ram
1T hardrive
250gb ssd
Can’t remember motherboard
I use malwarebytes to scan the pc
(I’m out of the country, pc is back home)

Which drive do you have your operating system and video games installed on? The SSD or your hard drive? You should install your O.S and video games on the SSD if you don't already. I wouldn't have gotten anything less than a 2TB SSD to make sure I have plenty of space.

Dec 23, 2019
Which drive do you have your operating system and video games installed on? The SSD or your hard drive? You should install your O.S and video games on the SSD if you don't already. I wouldn't have gotten anything less than a 2TB SSD to make sure I have plenty of space.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

Yeah you need your games on the SSD as well for it to make a difference in performance. I would have bought a 1TB SSD at the very least if not a 2TB one for the space. The drive has to be able to read and write data quickly to and from the operating system and the application. It can't do that if they aren't actually stored there.

Solution