[SOLVED] FPS drops

Feb 4, 2021
Good evening everyone,

I am experiencing FPS drops from 110 to 10 all the way down to 1 with Warzone. The game will sometimes freeze as well. The GPU seems to be running around 97-98% and the CPU reaches temps of 82-83C.

A bit of background:

I purchased a cyber power GMA 3200bst (still under best buy extended warranty) from a friend that never used it besides playing Gears 5 bit occasionally. He loved the computer and sold it to me for a great price. I knew these prebuilt have some issues. I got in and re-arranged the fans. I have 2 sucking air in and 2 out now (i added a fan). I checked all the components and they seem fine (only the ram is 2400).

The specs are:

Ryzen 7 2700x

NVIDIA 2070 aero (blower style)

PU Thermaltake 650W

The CPU cooler is an air cooler from Coolermaster

16GB DDR4 Ram 2400mhz (unknown brand)

240 GB SSD

2TB HDD

I have tried changing the setting (power) and updating the BIOS (went fine) everything else seems updated as well. I do not understand if this is caused by the CPU high temps, the GPU working hard (around 80C as well) pr something else in the system. Could it be bad thermal paste application? I am not an expert so I am just guessing.

Please let me know what this could be!

Solution
Drew thank you for your answer! The pc starts at low temps (50s) and goes up to around 83 when playing hard and it stays around that. If that is normal then great!
My settings are 1080p and pretty high but not crazy! I just don’t understand what makes the FPS drop. Is there a way to check? I used afterburner but I am not super sure on what to look for.
Thank you again
Woo 50s... Is it warm where you are? That would be understable if your rooms air is idle like 110 Fahrenheit but if your rooms only like 70 degrees Fahrenheit then properly cooled that cpu should be idle only max 34c maybe on a bad thermal past 40c something isn't applied or seated right id would redo the cooler for the cpu watch a few linus videos on it first if...
Good evening everyone,

I am experiencing FPS drops from 110 to 10 all the way down to 1 with Warzone. The game will sometimes freeze as well. The GPU seems to be running around 97-98% and the CPU reaches temps of 82-83C.

A bit of background:

I purchased a cyber power GMA 3200bst (still under best buy extended warranty) from a friend that never used it besides playing Gears 5 bit occasionally. He loved the computer and sold it to me for a great price. I knew these prebuilt have some issues. I got in and re-arranged the fans. I have 2 sucking air in and 2 out now (i added a fan). I checked all the components and they seem fine (only the ram is 2400).

The specs are:

Ryzen 7 2700x

NVIDIA 2070 aero (blower style)

PU Thermaltake 650W

The CPU cooler is an air cooler from Coolermaster

16GB DDR4 Ram 2400mhz (unknown brand)

240 GB SSD

2TB HDD

I have tried changing the setting (power) and updating the BIOS (went fine) everything else seems updated as well. I do not understand if this is caused by the CPU high temps, the GPU working hard (around 80C as well) pr something else in the system. Could it be bad thermal paste application? I am not an expert so I am just guessing.

Please let me know what this could be!
Question is does it sit at the high temps or does it hit high temps and start to avg out??? If it stays at high temps could be bad thermal paste. Or could be poor manufacturers ocing/ turbo tuner... See if shutting off the auto turbo feature for the cpu helps the temps on that end. As for the gpu deepending on the settings amd wverything your playing at thoughs temps are avg

Feb 4, 2021
Question is does it sit at the high temps or does it hit high temps and start to avg out??? If it stays at high temps could be bad thermal paste. Or could be poor manufacturers ocing/ turbo tuner... See if shutting off the auto turbo feature for the cpu helps the temps on that end. As for the gpu deepending on the settings amd wverything your playing at thoughs temps are avg
Drew thank you for your answer! The pc starts at low temps (50s) and goes up to around 83 when playing hard and it stays around that. If that is normal then great!
My settings are 1080p and pretty high but not crazy! I just don’t understand what makes the FPS drop. Is there a way to check? I used afterburner but I am not super sure on what to look for.
Thank you again

Thank you again
Woo 50s... Is it warm where you are? That would be understable if your rooms air is idle like 110 Fahrenheit but if your rooms only like 70 degrees Fahrenheit then properly cooled that cpu should be idle only max 34c maybe on a bad thermal past 40c something isn't applied or seated right id would redo the cooler for the cpu watch a few linus videos on it first if your new

Solution
Thank you again
Linus tech tips on youtube does amazing things to help new pc builders