Question FPS goes down and sudden stutter in games ?

Apr 6, 2021
I had an old pc specs i3 540 (1st gen), 6gb ram, h55ms2 motherboard , normal 350 psu , wd ssd and hdd . And I used gt 1030 for that old rig but most multiplayer game lagging. Becasue of cpu bottleneck . In Apex legend first boot time the game was getting avarage 40-50 fps but sudden it got to or new match it got 20-40 fps . After restart pc the problem gone and good 40-50 fps again. This problem goes on several months.

Then I purchased new pc except ssd,hdd and graphics card (gt 1030) .
Spec: ryzen 5 3600
8gb 3200 mhz ram
B450m steel legend
Psu 550watt corsair 80+ bronze certificate
I play apex legend and another game called doom. When I opens doom it goes in to action moment 30-40 fps then again restart the game I got 100 fps .in Apex I was getting over the map 40-60 fps but another match I got 15-25 fps over map and game was so laggy and stuttering.
I checked msi afterburner and all temp are under 70°c both gpu and cpu.
Thanks for help.please kindly reply. I am in much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the PSU, while 550W is the wattage, it doesn't tell us what the model of the unit is. By 8GB, are you on two 4GB sticks or one single stick of 8GB of ram? You might want to check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment. Following that, what OS version are you on? I'm assuming you just recycled the storage from your older platform to the new without reinstalling the OS, if so, you should reinstall the OS after fabricating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Reactions: Saqlain131526
Apr 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair is the brand of the PSU, while 550W is the wattage, it doesn't tell us what the model of the unit is. By 8GB, are you on two 4GB sticks or one single stick of 8GB of ram? You might want to check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment. Following that, what OS version are you on? I'm assuming you just recycled the storage from your older platform to the new without reinstalling the OS, if so, you should reinstall the OS after fabricating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.
I am running with 1gb single stick . The problem is most time game give me 45-60fps but sudden times it give only 20-50 fps. Fps drop and stutter feeling. I reinstalled new windows 10 and update all the driver and stop start up button. But the problem is still here.