Question FPS going down after few hours

Jan 16, 2022
FPS are at good levels (150-250) for few hours after i start the PC, after that it falls down to 45/60/80 and locks itself in that range, restarting the pc helps but then its the same <Mod Edit> all over again after few hours.

It's important to add that i had windows 7 a week ago and i didn't have that problem.

Now i changed to win10 and i had this problem ever since. I have installed all drivers. I'm playing the exact same games with exact same settings. (league of legends)

One thing i remember is that even in win7 my fps would sometimes lock at 60, but simply alt-tabing to desktop and back to the game would get it back to normal range, it's not the case now.

graphic card nvidia geforce gtx 1050 Ti
motherboard msi h87-g43
power supply corsair corsair cx 750m 750w
processor intel i5-4570 3.2ghz

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2022
THE LEFT ONES ARE THE CURRENT VALUE, MIDDLE ONE IS THE MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AND RIGHT ONE IS MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORDED

This are the temperatures with only chrome working. (edited)
CHROME.png

These are the temperatures with pretty much maximum of things i would be using at once = (chrome+game)

LEAGUE-CHROME.jpg

2222232.jpg

To me it really feels unnatural because its not like the fps is gradually dropping step by step. Literally it can be 150 fps in one moment, then in a matter of seconds it can drop to 60/80 and stay stuck at that number and it won't move no matter what. The number then only fluctuates between 45/60/80 randomly .
Changing settings that increase performance doesn't do anything, only resetting the pc helps.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022
Cpu cooling is INTEL E97378-001

I really, dont think its a matter of hardware because like i said i had windows 7 and my fps would never drop to 60 for longer than few seconds and alt tabbing was solving the problem. I switched to windows 10 and IMMEDIATELY the problem appeared.

Now, when i have fps at 60, and i alttab it jumps to 80. And stays there. On win7, if the fps would lock at 60, alt tabbing would bring it back to 150-300.

The way it LOCKS itself at 60 or 80 is just not natural. It's like i'd have frame rate cap set on 80 but thats obviously not the case

But if there is no other hope except for changing cpu cooler then what would be a decent option?

motherboard msi h87-g43

Last edited:
Cpu cooling is INTEL E97378-001

I really, dont think its a matter of hardware because like i said i had windows 7 and my fps would never drop to 60 for longer than few seconds and alt tabbing was solving the problem. I switched to windows 10 and IMMEDIATELY the problem appeared.

Now, when i have fps at 60, and i alttab it jumps to 80. And stays there. On win7, if the fps would lock at 60, alt tabbing would bring it back to 150-300.

The way it LOCKS itself at 60 or 80 is just not natural. It's like i'd have frame rate cap set on 80 but thats obviously not the case

But if there is no other hope except for changing cpu cooler then what would be a decent option?

motherboard msi h87-g43
Get a can of air and a small brush.
Give the heatsink and fan a good cleaning.
Look close at the heatsink over time they can get packed with crud.

Jan 16, 2022
update. I found that simply changing in game video settings will "unlock these fps" for example changing resolution in any way once will unlock the fps and go up to ~120, but alt tabbing brings it back to 60.

Does it ring a bell for anyone? Before on win7 alt tabbing would help me unlock fps from 60 and now alt tabbing locks it back to 60 lol .