Question FPS got worse after I upgraded my PC

Sep 16, 2022
I recently got an improved power supply to my PC (750w instead of 500), and when I booted up my PC with the new power supply and played some games I relized that my fps was very inconsistent. I tried to play some Overwatch 2 and I usually always have 144 FPS, but now at times my FPS goes down to 15-30 FPS for a few seconds. I thought it was just an Overwatch thing so I tried playing some Sekiro: shadows die twice, and turns out it's literally unplayable after a while, the first few minutes I was at a steady 60 FPS, but later that 60 FPS turned into 20-30 fps, even with the lowest settings possible. I don't even know if the new power supply has anything to do with this, I've updated my drivers and windows but nothing works.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.2 GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 3Gb
PSU: Corsair MX 750W
RAM: 16Gb DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3M

Last edited:

rgd1101

Don't
I recently got an improved power supply to my PC (750w instead of 600), and when I booted up my PC with the new power supply and played some games I relized that my fps was very inconsistent. I tried to play some Overwatch 2 and I usually always have 144 FPS, but now at times my FPS goes down to 15-30 FPS for a few seconds. I thought it was just an Overwatch thing so I tried playing some Sekiro: shadows die twice, and turns out it's literally unplayable after a while, the first few minutes I was at a steady 60 FPS, but later that 60 FPS turned into 20-30 fps, even with the lowest settings possible. I don't even know if the new power supply has anything to do with this, I've updated my drivers and windows but nothing works.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.2 GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 3Gb
PSU: BeQuiet system power 9 500W
RAM: 16Gb DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3M
you said upgraded to 750w psu. yet your spec said 500w