Question FPS has dropped in all games and I don't know why ?

sketcheyes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2019
I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I just have super low fps in all the games I've tried playing so far. I usually play VALORANT, Apex Legends, and CSGO. My PC should be able to run all three games but for some reason now, I just can't run any. I use to average 200-400 fps in CSGO, 144+ FPS in APEX, and 240+ in VALORANT, but now I get 70-300 (drops super low while fighting or in different parts of the map), 20-30 FPS in the sky, and about 60-144 FPS, and 180-350 in VALORANT. It's not bad on VALORANT (FPS wise) but I experience terrible screen tearing and stuttering.

Steps I have tried:
~Resetting PC
~Turning on Game Mode, Disabling Background Apps
~Tweaking NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
~Basic Windows 10 Optimization
~MalwareBytes

PC Specs:
Motherboard: Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070
Drive: Amd-raid WDC WDS100T2G0A- 1TB
RAM: 16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 2667 MHz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers on your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that brings your frame rate back up.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. While here, include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model, please.

Memory: 16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 2667 MHz
If possible think about getting a DDR4-3200MHz tight timings dual channel ram kit, to help bump up the performance out of your existing platform.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

sketcheyes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2019
Use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers on your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that brings your frame rate back up.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. While here, include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model, please.

Memory: 16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 2667 MHz
If possible think about getting a DDR4-3200MHz tight timings dual channel ram kit, to help bump up the performance out of your existing platform.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

I'm not sure where to find the make and model, but I'm pretty sure that it is 600 Watts and it is about 4-5 years old. Do I have to open the PC up to find the make and model for it?

BIOS version American Megatrends Inc, L0.01, 10/29/2018

Currently doing the DDU install step. Will give an update.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not sure where to find the make and model
You can't see the sticker on the side of the PSU or look through your receipts?

Do I have to open the PC up to find the make and model for it?
If the case impeded you from looking at the stickered side of the PSU, then yes you need to take off the side panel(s).

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Use CPU-Z and see what's shown under the Mainboard 's tab.

sketcheyes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2019
I'm not sure where to find the make and model
You can't see the sticker on the side of the PSU or look through your receipts?

Do I have to open the PC up to find the make and model for it?
If the case impeded you from looking at the stickered side of the PSU, then yes you need to take off the side panel(s).

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS
Use CPU-Z and see what's shown under the Mainboard 's tab.

I followed the DDU step, still no fix.

I'll open the side panels here soon.

Should I update to the latest BIOS version?

Screenshot of the Mainboard Tab: https://prnt.sc/vHUnR-MbK8L0