Question FPS in games suddenly not as good as usual

Technothegecko

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hi there,

so recently(yesterday) my PC has been kind of acting up, my fps has been a bit janky in games I play, nothing unplayable just kind of weird and annoying.

My main game I play is League of Legends, I have it capped at 80 and normally run everything on very high and usually stay at a steady 70-75 FPS every time I play, but ever since yesterday with everything on the same settings my fps jumps around from 40-50(60 if there is not a lot of action happening) so at first I thought it could have been the game, so I tried a game of something else and sure enough, same issue.

Like I said this isn't ground breaking but I've even tried lowering the settings and still no improvement, I've scanned and cleaned my PC of malware and adware, physically cleaned all the dust out, ran a GPU monitor to see if I was overheating, checked my CPU temp/power consumption, updated drivers, everything turned out to be fine so i'm running out of ideas, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Mother Board: MSI Z170-A PRO (MS-7971)

RAM: 16.0 GB(DDR4)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1

750W PSU