[SOLVED] FPS in games very low.

Mar 9, 2021
My FPS has been very slow in games lately, I used to be able to have 300~ FPS in games like Minecraft and League of Legends, but now I average 70fps in Minecraft and 150 fps in league. I can no longer watch a discord stream in the background or my fps tanks to 90 in league of legends. I have benchmarked my computer, and the benchmarks say my computer is performing very slowly compared to PCs with similar specs.
Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x (watercooled)
32GB DDR4 1866, rated for 3600 but pc refuses to boot if I try to put it that high
RTX 2070 Super.
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
This is a recent issue, There is no cooling issue, I have 9 fans running at normal speeds with 3 GPU fans running. I only recently turned them on, and my GPU has been quite hot for about a year before now.
My temps are fine. I have tried clearing CMOS but to no avail. The only events that are in the time of the lag starting are me adding 2 more ram sticks, exact same type as my current two. I used to have them running at 3600, but I cannot anymore.
Does anyone have any solutions?

Last edited:
Solution
just did another:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/40869805
still says 3.6ghz turbo but CPU-z and core temp says that my core speed is 3999.07 and 3998.60 MHz respectively
one thing you might try which shouldn't bother your system but maybe the issue set a data cap limit for windows reserving ram space it's all over the place on how much it's trying to reserve and i don't really understand what you have going on thats causing it to be all over the places but i would cap it. go to run type "msconfig" hit enter under boot goto advanced under max memory check it and set it to like maybe 4gb out of the 32 you have that should stop windows from using 1/4 of your ram
My FPS has been very slow in games lately, I used to be able to have 300~ FPS in games like Minecraft and League of Legends, but now I average 70fps in Minecraft and 150 fps in league. I can no longer watch a discord stream in the background or my fps tanks to 90 in league of legends. I have benchmarked my computer, and the benchmarks say my computer is performing very slowly compared to PCs with similar specs.
Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x (watercooled)
32GB DDR4 1866, rated for 3600 but pc refuses to boot if I try to put it that high
RTX 2070 Super.
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
This is a recent issue, There is no cooling issue, I have 9 fans running at normal speeds with 3 GPU fans running. I only recently turned them on, and my GPU has been quite hot for about a year before now.
My temps are fine. I have tried clearing CMOS but to no avail. The only events that are in the time of the lag starting are me adding 2 more ram sticks, exact same type as my current two. I used to have them running at 3600, but I cannot anymore.
Does anyone have any solutions?
Please run this and post a link to your results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tom...3j0l6j69i60.1146j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

seems like my CPU is performing very badly, CORE temp readings say that the max for my cpu temp is 67c, but it seems to sit at around 40-50c
Seems like you have a cap set somewhere. Because everything minus the nvme seems to be working basically above expectations and maybe the ram but that's not unusual it wouldn't normally cause this... Only thing I can really think of is maybe nvme or bios update is holding something back

Mar 9, 2021
Seems like you have a cap set somewhere. Because everything minus the nvme seems to be working basically above expectations and maybe the ram but that's not unusual it wouldn't normally cause this... Only thing I can really think of is maybe nvme or bios update is holding something back

its not capped fps ingame, I dont know about any other caps.

It's fixed, even though the cpu isn't turbo boosting at all?
:unsure:
The cpu is OC'd to 4ghz, no change in performance though seems like. still performing below expectations ingame

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Overclock not actually stable.
-Something funky with the settings you applied or something, but it looks like what you applied was ignored.
Those are what come to mind.

The 2nd value, 'turbo(avg)', should've showed something like 3.95-4.0ghz.

Mar 9, 2021
-Overclock not actually stable.
-Something funky with the settings you applied or something, but it looks like what you applied was ignored.
Those are what come to mind.

The 2nd value, 'turbo(avg)', should've showed something like 3.95-4.0ghz.
just did another:
still says 3.6ghz turbo but CPU-z and core temp says that my core speed is 3999.07 and 3998.60 MHz respectively

just did another:
one thing you might try which shouldn't bother your system but maybe the issue set a data cap limit for windows reserving ram space it's all over the place on how much it's trying to reserve and i don't really understand what you have going on thats causing it to be all over the places but i would cap it. go to run type "msconfig" hit enter under boot goto advanced under max memory check it and set it to like maybe 4gb out of the 32 you have that should stop windows from using 1/4 of your ram

Solution
Mar 9, 2021
this helped quite a bit. thanks. my memory usage in task manager is a 70% while the numbers add up to 1gb of memory used. I think this is and issue, and i don't know how to fix it

I doubt the problem is due to RAM being reserved; if you had 8GB maybe, but even stealing half of 24GB [taking a somewhat extreme example] is going to leave plenty for any one game to use.

I'd be more concerned that you RAM is so highly downclocked; your running at basically slow DDR3 speeds; anything that uses a lot of RAM access is going to suffer. This frankly looks like an unstable OC, especially if you need to downclock your RAM that much just to boot.

Reactions: white.a.drew
this helped quite a bit. thanks. my memory usage in task manager is a 70% while the numbers add up to 1gb of memory used. I think this is and issue, and i don't know how to fix it
I doubt the problem is due to RAM being reserved; if you had 8GB maybe, but even stealing half of 24GB [taking a somewhat extreme example] is going to leave plenty for any one game to use.

I'd be more concerned that you RAM is so highly downclocked; your running at basically slow DDR3 speeds; anything that uses a lot of RAM access is going to suffer. This frankly looks like an unstable OC, especially if you need to downclock your RAM that much just to boot.
not really the speed but CAS Latency i would go with no higher then cl16 for this system try to get cl14

TRENDING THREADS