Question Low and inconsistent FPS in CS2 @ 1080p ?

May 9, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing low and inconsistent FPS in CS2, ranging from 250 to 400 FPS with my current PC setup, even on low-medium quality settings. On a workshop map without any players, the maximum FPS I reach is 450. I play the game at a resolution of 1280x960 in the 4:3 aspect ratio.

The FPS drops significantly, by about 80-100, within just a second, making the gameplay feel unplayable. In comparison, my friends with a 4070 graphics card and a Ryzen 7 7800X3D processor are achieving 600-700 FPS. I'm unsure where the issue lies.

I'm also concerned that my processor may not be matching the performance of my graphics card. Additionally, despite having an FPS of around 300, the game feels laggy and isn't smooth. I use a 360Hz Zowie XL2566 monitor. Could there be an underlying problem causing these issues?

Here are my PC specs:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Do you see the same results when you go for a higher resolution, at 1080p?