[SOLVED] FPS issue

Jun 29, 2021
I just got my new gaming pc a day ago and once I set it up and got my games on day one it was locked at 150 frames and wouldn’t drop. Now today it’s staying around 120 frames and will occasionally drop and not stay at 150 like before.
my specs are:

-WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB

-NZXT H510

-intel core i5-11400F 6-core 2.6GHz

-NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX™ 3060- GIGABYTE ELITE

-MSI Z590-A PRO

-Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3200MHz(max. geschwindigkeit) 32GB (2X16Gb)

-NZXT Kraken X63

-seasonic S 12III 650W Bronze

-Windows 10 home

I turned off vsync and changed my power options to High performance and still no change. All my drivers are up to date as well. I used ddu and uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia drivers and still no luck. Not sure if I should return it or bring it to someone because I’m stuck and don’t know what else to do.

Solution
That sounded like the expected difference between playing at 2.5K versus 1080p - Are you playing at the same resolution?

If in doubt, grab some benchmarking software - even the older, free, versions of 3DMark could do - and verify your card's performance against online benchmarks.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Got anything running in the background? Are these the same games, running with the same graphic and video settings and the same scenes?

If you are worried about stability, leave it on overnight with Furmark + Prime95.

Jun 29, 2021
Got anything running in the background? Are these the same games, running with the same graphic and video settings and the same scenes?

If you are worried about stability, leave it on overnight with Furmark + Prime95.
Nothing running in the background but discord. One of my friends has the same graphics card is getting 160+ frames on games. I play every game on medium settings and can’t barely stay at 120 frames

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
That sounded like the expected difference between playing at 2.5K versus 1080p - Are you playing at the same resolution?

If in doubt, grab some benchmarking software - even the older, free, versions of 3DMark could do - and verify your card's performance against online benchmarks.

Solution
Jun 29, 2021

I play everything on 1080p and yea i’ll try that