[SOLVED] FPs issues, Cpu bottleneck maybe?? need help figuring it out.

Feb 17, 2022
I have a ryzen 9 3900x and a rx 6900 xt. neither of them ever reach 100% usage. cpu hits 40% max and gpu hits 70-80% max. lowering quality and resolution does not increase fps.

Solution
so what should i get if i do replaced it?
The only upgrade path you have is a Ryzen 9 5000 processor, if you want to retain the same number or more of cores. Otherwise the entire Ryzen 5000 line has a noticeable bump in single core performance for the same clock speed over the Ryzen 3000 series.

Otherwise you could upgrade to a new platform outright.
I have a ryzen 9 3900x and a rx 6900 xt. neither of them ever reach 100% usage. cpu hits 40% max and gpu hits 70-80% max. lowering quality and resolution does not increase fps.
Some games do not scale well with multiple cores. On a 12C/24T processor, if the game is only using 8 threads, it'll appear to have low CPU utilization. If you switched over to say a Ryzen 5 or 3, you'll see the CPU utilization go up because there's fewer cores to handle those threads.

The reason you don't see an FPS increase when lowering the quality and resolution is the maximum FPS you can achieve is solely based on the CPU. The game still has to run all the logic, input handling, etc. before the CPU can send stuff to the GPU to do. If you already hit that wall at say high settings, lowering the quality won't magically make that wall shift.

Feb 17, 2022
Some games do not scale well with multiple cores and what you're seeing is it hit the maximum thread count and it's relying on single core performance at that point.

The reason you don't see an FPS increase when lowering the quality and resolution is the maximum FPS you can achieve is solely based on the CPU. The game still has to run all the logic, input handling, etc. before the CPU can send stuff to the GPU to do. If you already hit that wall at say high settings, lowering the quality won't magically make that wall shift.
Is there anything i can do besides replacing my cpu.