Question FPS Issues on High End PC, Can Anyone help me diagnose the issue?

abczby

Prominent
May 9, 2019
I have a GTX 1080ti, an i7 7700k @ 4.20, 32gb of DDR5 RAM, and a Samsung SSD, yet I struggle to get FPS higher than 50~70 in most games.

I have a Samsung 1440p ultrawide monitor, 100hz refresh rate.

Dota 2 I sit around 50 fps
PUBG I hover anywhere from 30 to 60 fps
Fallout 76 I'm lucky to get 30 fps
Enderal (Skyrim mod) I can barely maintain 30 fps
The list goes on...

The only games I get above 100 fps in are League of Legends and Minecraft.

Can someone help me diagnose the issue I'm having? I'm not very good with PC's so if you could help guide me in retrieving whatever info you need about my PC and setup to best diagnose the issue that would be greatly appreciated.

abczby

Prominent
May 9, 2019
Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise games?
Yea I did try that. GeForce Experience recommends ultra everything for every game I have installed and appears to expect I will be getting higher fps than I am with those suggested settings.

The weird thing is in these games it doesn't matter if I have ultra settings on low settings, the FPS stays stuck around that 50~70 mark.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

abczby

Prominent
May 9, 2019
DDR5??
likely a typo, DDR5 is used on the graphics card.

What is the cpu temperature under load?
Perhaps there is a throttling issue.

What is the make/model of your monitor?
Usually, best performance comes from a DP connection.
Monitor is Samsung CF791.
How do I check temperatures?

abczby

Prominent
May 9, 2019
In other words, don't use that psu cable where it has one connection for the psu and two connections for the graphics card. You can use it, just use two of those cables as opposed to one.
I wish I knew enough about PC's to check and see if this was the case. Thank you for the info though. I will check some YouTube videos about connections to PSU's.

Still have very bad FPS atm. The strange aspect of the FPS not improving if I lower settings still persists as well.

TRENDING THREADS