Question FPS Issues ONLY in CS:GO

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
So for the past 3-4 days, I've been experiencing considerably lower FPS in CS:GO than I normally do. I can consistently sit at 300 FPS usually, whereas I'm currently getting 70-100 and the game feels absolutely horrible, like everything is 'ripping' and it's pretty much at the point where I don't want to play now. The weird thing is that it only happens in CS:GO. In other games that I play, my FPS is still fine. CoD 120ish, Valorant 300+ and LoL 300+. My PC is not absolute top of the range, but it's also pretty solid and has never underperformed.

View: https://i.imgur.com/eo4uezK.png
is a link to my Speccy stats.

So far I have tried reinstalling CS:GO fresh twice, opening task manager when CS:GO is open and seeing if anything else is stealing CPU/memory usage (nothing is), opening up my PC and cleaning the dust out, ran CCleaner about five times, reinstalled Steam and I've got all of my settings in CS:GO to the lowest they can. I've also tried using 3 different FPS configs, all the same issue. I have also completely reset my PC to factory settings and the issue still persisted - only in CS:GO.

Any idea on what is causing this and any suggestions for a fix? Thanks!

Check your internet. And it might even be server issues because lately I get this in every other match, I usually get 250-400fps depending on areas but my avg fps seems to drop slowly while playing sometimes as low as 70. My friend once got 2. Literally just 2 fps while playing for a few seconds. These are server issues, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with valve's servers. Also, try using affinity from task manager and disabling hyperthreading (check 0246 or 1357 and uncheck rest) and see what happens

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
Check your internet. And it might even be server issues because lately I get this in every other match, I usually get 250-400fps depending on areas but my avg fps seems to drop slowly while playing sometimes as low as 70. My friend once got 2. Literally just 2 fps while playing for a few seconds. These are server issues, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with valve's servers. Also, try using affinity from task manager and disabling hyperthreading (check 0246 or 1357 and uncheck rest) and see what happens

Can server issues really affect FPS? I thought FPS was strictly dependant on an individual basis. That’s new to me. So bad servers can affect it the same way ping is affected? My internet is fine and I’ve tried unticking CPU 0 in affinity within task manager.

I
Can server issues really affect FPS? I thought FPS was strictly dependant on an individual basis. That’s new to me. So bad servers can affect it the same way ping is affected? My internet is fine and I’ve tried unticking CPU 0 in affinity within task manager.
I don't know but they seem to. Even the enemy team had FPS drops, my drops were definitely a server issue. I had them most on inferno. But that's probably because my stupid teammates don't budge from Mirage and inferno

I have read that cs go is one of a few games where FPS can be capped based on the connection. Most games don’t do this. I don’t know anything about it as I just happened to read this somewhere.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt