Question FPS Issues (Specifically CSGO) After mobo and CPU upgrade

Apr 9, 2023
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and have noticed that now in CSGO I am getting much worse FPS than before (FPS fluctuating rapidly from 75-180 and sometimes jumping up to 500's). After tweaking settings and following some some potential fixes on this video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNoiim9ZwM&ab_channel=NartOutHere
) and I was able to increase my FPS slightly, but still have awful FPS compared to the hardware I had previously . When I installed my new motherboard and CPU I performed a clean install and upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I have tried other games and they seems to be running fine.

At this point, I can try to revert back to Windows 10 or use an older version GPU driver to see if that makes a difference, but I am just wondering what you all think this could be.

Things I have tried:
  • Making sure all chipset drivers are up to date (they are)
  • Reinstalling GPU drivers after removing drivers with DDU
  • Installing DirectX 9
  • Enabling DCOP
  • Reinstalling CSGO

Screenshot of in-game errors (doubt this will help):
ipLF2nI.png

I uploaded a HardwareMonitoring log for MSI Afterburner to show what all my values look like when playing.
(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXGgt63ikFp4icH4UzJMfpmrf1Myvf1J/view?usp=sharing)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800)
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Video Card: Zotac Geforce RTX 3060 ti
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W
Hard drive(s): HP EX950 M.2 2280 2TB PCle Gen3 x4, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB Solid State Drive, and Seagate 1TB FireCuda SSHD 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Hard Drive
Operating System: Windows 11
Case: NZXT S340 Elite ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Other Parts: CORSAIR K70 LUX Keyboard,Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse, FIFINE USB Microphone, WiFi 6 PCI-E AX200 Desktop WiFi Card

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU
+
When I installed my new motherboard and CPU I performed a clean install and upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10
If you want to be on Windows 11, you fabricate the installer for Windows 11 and install that OS from scratch. Same story for Windows 11. Speakign of which, wehre did you source the insataller for your OS?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W
How old is the PSU in your build?

What motherboard and processor were you working with prior to the upgrade?

Apr 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Thank you! Tomshardware has always been my go-to for answers, but most of the time I can find a previous thread with the answer I am looking for. Unfortunately, this time I came up short.

If you want to be on Windows 11, you fabricate the installer for Windows 11 and install that OS from scratch. Same story for Windows 11. Speakign of which, wehre did you source the insataller for your OS?
I clean installed windows 10 on my NVMe and It automatically gave me the option to upgrade after installing windows. So, are you saying to not do the Win 10 upgrade to Win 11 and just clean install windows 11 on its on?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

How old is the PSU in your build?
A little over 5 years old.

What motherboard and processor were you working with prior to the upgrade?
ASRock Z370 Killer and an i7-8700k

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023
What SSD is Window's installed on?

Did you enable PBO on the 5800x3d? Your max frequency appears to max out at 3.6GHz according to that test. It should reach 4.45GHz.
I have it installed on my NVMe, and I checked my BIOS and PBO was set on auto.

Yes, your cpu is only showing 4 cores 8 threads and is not hitting it's boost speed.
I just noticed that as well.

Have you downloaded AMD's latest chipset drivers?
I have downloaded the latest chipset drivers. I will double-check once I get home from work.

So there is now a new issue... I did what was suggested on this thread but now Windows is no longer booting. I received the Stop code: 0x0000218. What now?

I have it installed on my NVMe, and I checked my BIOS and PBO was set on auto.

I just noticed that as well.

I have downloaded the latest chipset drivers. I will double-check once I get home from work.

So there is now a new issue... I did what was suggested on this thread but now Windows is no longer booting. I received the Stop code: 0x0000218. What now?
Sorry, I have no idea now? I would of just downloaded the chipset drivers then restart.