[SOLVED] FPS keeps droping

daw33d

Prominent
Feb 14, 2018
Hello,

so my FPS keeps droping drasticaly when I am playing video games in particular Rainbow Six Siege.
It stabilizes when I go in the Task Manager and put it on the "High" priority but then my Discord wont work properly.
Could it be my RAM which speed is only 667 MHZ (DDR3) according to CPU-Z?

Thank you in advance.

My Parts:
Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h
Zotac Gtx 970
I5 - 3570K
RAM is from Samsung (not sure which one in particular)
Corsair H100i v2

P.S. sorry for my english

Solution
Try move discord to the last core using affinity.

Might want to try cap your fps to 60 so your cpu isn't trying to pre-render as many frames. Or increase resolution with dsr or graphics to lower gpu output to lessen cpu workload. Multiplayer does add toward cpu usage, along with it needing to pre-render frames too, it can get a bit much.

A 3770/3770k would do well you know.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try move discord to the last core using affinity.

Might want to try cap your fps to 60 so your cpu isn't trying to pre-render as many frames. Or increase resolution with dsr or graphics to lower gpu output to lessen cpu workload. Multiplayer does add toward cpu usage, along with it needing to pre-render frames too, it can get a bit much.

A 3770/3770k would do well you know.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Reason why i said move discord to last core is the first core (primary core) is important. Everything relies on the primary core, even games. The more system resources freed from core 0 will help efficiency across the whole cpu.

daw33d

Prominent
Feb 14, 2018
Boju thank u for the answer it helped a lot.
My Fps stayed normal and discord works properly.
And I will consider upgrading my CPU in the future maybe for an I7.

TRENDING THREADS