FPS lag and sound stutter in CS:GO

eugenius94

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Just yesterday, my CS:GO started to act weird on me by having extremely low FPS and sound stutter whenever I move my mouse. This happens both on the main menu and in-game. If I don't move my mouse at all, my FPS and sound remain fine.

I have already tried re-installing CS:GO, launching it with the lowest settings and restarting my computer. I've googled up on how to solve this but it seems like all the past solution(s) didn't work (it involved typing some commands in the launch options from steam which I have already tried). Also tried deleting config and background in the file directory but still doesn't work.

Here are my CPU specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
8192 RAM
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9-280X 3GB OC

eugenius94

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I'm afraid I don't have a system restore point prior to the problem. I just verified the integrity of game cache and it seemed fine. A message saying "integrity validified" or some sort appeared when it hit 100%.

Yes, the other games I have such as DOTA 2, L4D2, Skyrim etc all work fine. It's only CS:GO that I have an issue with.

eugenius94

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Well anyway, I managed to figure out the solution to my problem. Turns out all I had to do was to do a clean re-installation of my display drivers and voila.

Thanks for your help nevertheless, photonboy :)

andriusssssss8

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

ADD in steam andriuss8 please :) i need your help ;]