Question FPS loss between i5 7500 and Ryzen 5 2600?

Oct 26, 2019
Hi,

I come from an i5 7500 and updated to a Ryzen 5 2600. The complete specs are as follows:
Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi
Ryzen 5 2600
NZXT Kraken M22
Corsair LPX 2x8 2400 Mhz
Samsung EVO 970 Plus
Asus GTX 1660 Ti
Corsair RM650

So except from the Mobo and the CPU, the rest of it was exactly the same, I have run Cinebench R15 and the results are bad compared to the i5 7500. What am I missing? It´s supposed to be much better in terms of gaming.

Here are some pics for you to check it out.

Thanks a lot.

V3jwyZA.jpg
U6fLKPV.jpg
5Gx4vLJ.jpg

How are you making the comparisons between the CPUs? Just the benchmark you've run or from other software and experience?

One point of clarification. You mentioned you've kept all components and upgraded only the motherboard and CPU. Did you fresh install Windows? If you didn't then it's a possible cause of performance issues.

rodrigoxm49

Great
Oct 13, 2019
I confess that I never have run Cinebench and never have paid any attention since I always think benchmarks are absolutely useless to test performance that can be applied on real world scenarios. It's very good to test OC, temps, etc, but the results are useless.

Cinebench is a complex benchmark. 7500 probably have a single thread performance similar or even better than Ryzen 2600. The beauty on Ryzen 2600 is having 6 cores and 12 threads. That's makes huge difference in modern games.

So close the cinebench and try to run games. That's will show the true.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
How are you making the comparisons between the CPUs? Just the benchmark you've run or from other software and experience?

One point of clarification. You mentioned you've kept all components and upgraded only the motherboard and CPU. Did you fresh install Windows? If you didn't then it's a possible cause of performance issues.

Hi,

Yes it´s a free windows installation. I did the benchmark before disassembling the intel and after installing the Ryzen CPU.

I´m not worried, just curious about the 20 fps difference between the 7500 and the 2600 :\

As others have explained it depends on the particular software. In single threaded software the i5-7500 will be better. In multi-threaded software the Ryzen 5 2600 will be better.

Older games tend to be more heavily focused on single core performance; more recent games are starting to take advantage of multiple threads.

Reactions: Magrinday