[SOLVED] FPS not improving

Apr 8, 2020
I upgraded from the Ryzen 3 2200G's integrated graphics to a RX 5500 XT OC 8GB but the FPS in games like CSGO and Destiny 2 haven't increased at all. I have all the latest drivers and updates for the GPU but nothing has worked.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5ghz
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
G.SKill Ripjaws 4 2x4GB
Gigabyte RX 5500 XT OC 8GB

Apr 8, 2020
You can only get as many FPS as your CPU allows,have you checked with reviews and benchmarks to see if you get the FPS that you should?
I checked reviews and other videos online people still get around 100 FPS using the integrated Vega 8 graphics and 8GB RAM. Also, people with an RX 570 and Ryzen 3 2200G get around 150-160 FPS.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
use DDU to uninstall and remove drivers and download and install clean drivers.
maybe that will solve the issue. (although I still don't really know what the issue is since you have stated what hardware you are using, but haven't stated what performance you were getting before and after the addition of the dedicated GPU, only that FPS hasn't changed.)
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Actually, I just realized something in my brain.
After installing the 5500, did you move the video cable from being plugged into the back of your motherboard to being plugged into the back of the graphics card instead?

Because if you haven't then that's why performance hasn't changed, because you're still running off the CPU integrated graphics.

Apr 8, 2020
Actually, I just realized something in my brain.
After installing the 5500, did you move the video cable from being plugged into the back of your motherboard to being plugged into the back of the graphics card instead?

Because if you haven't then that's why performance hasn't changed, because you're still running off the CPU integrated graphics.
Yeah I switched the cable from the motherboard to the GPU but yeah I'll try using DDU and see if it helps