FPS problem tomb raider and gtx 770

ovacia345

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
hello folks,

Since recently I have a gaming PC and I'm playing Tomb Raider on that PC. I get abnormal fps: it's around the mid 20's till half 30's. I've got a gtx 770 not overclocked and a i5 4670k overclocked at 4.5 GHz. Do you guys know why my fps is so absurd low?

here I'm showing my fps in game:

http://youtu.be/XYvUwr7R4W4

Thanks in advance

Solution
As others are pointing out, that's actually normal with your settings. TresFX doesn't even work right unless you have an AMD card, so maybe turn it off. I had a similar setup to your with only slightly better FPS. My 770 (at the time) was on a 3930k @ 4.2, and the benchmark was in the mid-40s with TresFX on. Probably nothing wrong with your setup. It's just a graphically intensive game. If you really want to see how demanding it can be, try running it in 3D. S.L.O.W.

toddybody

Distinguished

EXACTLY. The "TressFX" is horrible on nVidia cards. When I played the game, I had 670's in SLI and it dropped my frames horribly. On top of that, I think her hair "looks" better with TressFX off.

Niko_boy

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
thats an unusual behaviour..
Are you sure you updated your GPU driver to the latest?
It seem like you need to pull some settings down. Since 770 seem to do good already for that high resolution.

+1 with above posters
also make sure you have enough power supply , just to mention.

Eggz

Distinguished
As others are pointing out, that's actually normal with your settings. TresFX doesn't even work right unless you have an AMD card, so maybe turn it off. I had a similar setup to your with only slightly better FPS. My 770 (at the time) was on a 3930k @ 4.2, and the benchmark was in the mid-40s with TresFX on. Probably nothing wrong with your setup. It's just a graphically intensive game. If you really want to see how demanding it can be, try running it in 3D. S.L.O.W.

Solution