May 30, 2021
Hi, my problem is that in some games such as GTA and COD I have low fps even with low graphics setting, and sometimes changing them doesn't make difference,
My PC is:

I7-8700,
RTX 2060,
RAM 16 GB

I watched everywhere, and I did everything, but I couldn't find a solution.
Drivers are updated, and I think that there isn't a bottleneck.

Usually on GTA I play with 50-60-65 fps in low settings

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Solution
Another thing to try, as dumb as it sounds, is to turn the settings up. Sometimes, ive heard especially for GTA, the FPS is just going to stay the same as you increase the graphics. I tried this myself a while back. I had 50 FPS Low settings, and 55 FPS Medium settings, 40 FPS High settings, something around there. The issue is the older game engine sometimes struggles with newer hardware, so turning the settings up can make better use of the GPU. Not a cure-all by any means, nor is it guaranteed to work even for GTA, but it is worth a shot.
May 26, 2021
  1. Make sure you plugged your monitor to your graphics card not to the motherboard.
  2. Go to NVIDIA control panel →Manage 3D settings→Global settings→Preferred graphics processor and choose High performance Nvidia processor.

May 30, 2021
  1. Make sure you plugged your monitor to your graphics card not to the motherboard.
  2. Go to NVIDIA control panel →Manage 3D settings→Global settings→Preferred graphics processor and choose High performance Nvidia processor.
Hi, thanks for the fast reply,
  1. my monitors are already plugged in the GPU's slots.
  2. Preferred graphics processor option is missing.

May 26, 2021
Hi, thanks for the fast reply,
  1. my monitors are already plugged in the GPU's slots.
  2. Preferred graphics processor option is missing.
If it's already plugged then the second option is not needed since it's known that your nvidia gpu is the main graphics processor. Can you share pictures of your system info? for example screenshots of games with fps and gpu usage in the corner and pictures inside NVIDIA control panel and various places that can be important. This will help us diagnose the problem much easier.

May 30, 2021
Hi, sorry if I'm late, I tried playing, now I get more fps improving the graphics in GTA, I don't know why... do you? In COD Cold War, sometimes I can play with 100 fps, that aren't the best because I have all the settings low, in the last games I played the game froze for 2 minutes After an explosion. Here is the screen. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494895856147759105/851069210388987914/unknown.png

-

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/709007310072315916/851073121846034452/unknown.png

Another thing to try, as dumb as it sounds, is to turn the settings up. Sometimes, ive heard especially for GTA, the FPS is just going to stay the same as you increase the graphics. I tried this myself a while back. I had 50 FPS Low settings, and 55 FPS Medium settings, 40 FPS High settings, something around there. The issue is the older game engine sometimes struggles with newer hardware, so turning the settings up can make better use of the GPU. Not a cure-all by any means, nor is it guaranteed to work even for GTA, but it is worth a shot.

Reactions: Mute.-
Solution
May 30, 2021
Hi, fps problem is fixed, I just turned up the graphics, really, thank you. But now there is another problem, usually in the second game or after one, the game freeze for too long and to fix I have to do ALT + TAB, but all the pc freeze, so I can't do that always