FPS problems everywhere

Scotteh007

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Seems like in every graphic intensive game I play (SR4,GW2) I only can play on low settings when my rig (On Autodetect) says I should be playing on high. Example(GW2): In a city I can get 20 FPS max but can drop to 10 or lower. My settings for that is everything on low but the character settings. I have the latest graphic drivers and just used driver sweep and that did nothing. Temps are fine too so says Speedfan.

My Rig:
ASUS M4A87TD EVO
6GB Ram
XFX Radeon HD 6850 Black Edition (Oced to max settings on ATI Catalyst)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz (Auto Tuned to 3.6GHz)
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W
I have a Samsung SSD 840 Series (SR4 is on it, GW2 is on a HDD)

Scotteh007

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Okay well I don't really know anything about Ocing =\ I reverted everything back to original settings and maybe only see a slight increase? Like in SR4 FPS on low can go from 10 (Up in the sky looking at all the buildings) to around 60 (Running up a building) on low. And on the escape the ship mission it stays around 9-15 FPS and doesn't let me through the closing doors to complete the mission.

Scotteh007

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Yes I have. Sorry for the late response I was out and about on the weekend. I tried monitoring everything and from what I've seen (By alt tabbing real quick and looking at ati catalyst) my video card is causing the lag. It was up to 99% Activity while running GW2. CPU, memory and my hard drives seem to be fine and there are no overheating problems. Also I did get some kernal power errors in the past while playing Skyrim. I didn't have internet back then and reverted back to the original drivers which seemed to stopped that problem (I have Catalyst 13.9 now though) but could it be something from that giving me problems now?

TRENDING THREADS