FPS problems in games

GDAlpha

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Hello boys and gals,

So i haven't really been on this site for a while so unsure if this is wrong category, Should be but today i was playing overwatch and i was seriously frustrated because i could barely get any kills, The cause of this is 50/50 known, The problem is that the game literally freezes or at best drops to 15 fps when turning around, Otherwise it's at about 58-68 fps when not moving, Anybody know why? This has also happened with csgo but its even worse with csgo, it seriously freezes for like 10 seconds when turning around and renders the game unplayable, Garry's Mod is an odd one because it only drops like 3 fps at most, Doom is a game i still haven't tried but i want too.

Anybody knows why? If you do, Please tell me

Things i've tried,

Reinstalling GPU Drivers

Updating GPU Drivers

Clearing CMOS? (Nothing happens when holding down the switch so idk)

Restarting my PC

Restarting my Game

Reinstalling my Game

Cleared Dust out of my PC

Moving the games from HDD to SSD
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things that might be causing it but still unknown

Heatpipe on my GPU (GTX 960 2GB DirectCU II OC) has serioulsy been burned and turned slightly black

CPU is somwhere around 6 Years old

GPU is somewhere around 3 Years old

(Chipset i think it?) The chipset/Z68 can be pushed in (Maybe not sitting on the mobo like it should?)

Almost looks like coffee has been spilled on the heatsink on my GPU and my CPU cooler

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Google Chrome moves very oddly too, It's like it's moving at like ~10fps, In other words, Like it's teleporting from place to place

Hi, when asking for help it would be best to fully detailed your rig

CPU is somwhere around 6 Years old
my guess a i5 - i7 2nd/3rd gen - should be fine for games you play

Now

Heatpipe on my GPU (GTX 960 2GB DirectCU II OC) has serioulsy been burned and turned slightly black
This most likely means the GPU has suffered from heat damage and needs to be replaced

Almost looks like coffee has been spilled on the heatsink on my GPU and my CPU cooler
Look at the motherboard / GPU to see if capacitor has blown and spilled liquid in your gear.

Does the PSU smell like burnt plastic, could be capacitor from PSU that blown out

Monitor you CPU /GPU temps.

GDAlpha

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

Nothing smells like anything burned, CPU/GPU temps are like they always have been, 60-70 degrees celcius under load for GPU but 50-65 on CPU

GDAlpha

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

I have a GTX 680 that doesn't work soo....