jdigital1983

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
I have 2 evga gtx 285's in SLI Mode with overclocks at 720/1564/2610 with temp no higher than 70c. My question is what kind of fps should I be getting and how to find out. I run V-sync and 8x AA in every game I own at MAX Settings. My res. is 1600x900 (monitor wont go any higher :(
I think these cards are o.k.? the games I run are FAR CRY 2, CRYSIS, and CRYSIS WARHEAD.

I guess what Im trying to find out is if my cards are performing like they should. Thanks

jdigital1983

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
not really because im looking for a way to find out what my fps are with my setup.Im sure no one has benchmarked my cards at these overclock settings. I can understand if they were factory in which case I wouldn't have asked....but with all else said I dont know how to figure out my fps. or what the standard testing is. ( no vsync, ?x aa , settings? get it now google boy?

download program called fraps it will shw you fps in corner. also vsync limits fps to 60 but human eye doesn't see difference anything above that and monitors only refresh to 60mhz anyways.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
No two systems are ever going to perform exactly the same....compare the reviews of sli 285's to yours and estimate the increase of the clock setting....

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
crysis comes with a benchmarking tool, and if you have 1600x900 crysis maxed out and I mean Ultra-high (mod to make it look better). and full AA and full AF, with really good framerates then you are doing good.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
in far cry 2, press tilde (~), if that doesnt work enable developer console in settings, and then press tilde.
that opens the console, in there type "showFPS 1" (without quotation marks)
Do disable again change 1 to 0.
for a list of commands type "?" (agian without quotation marks)