Question FPS randomly goes down to 15-20 while majority is around 80-113

Jun 4, 2022
6
0
10
0
Hello and good day, guys. As the title says I have this strange problem where my FPS randomly goes down to 15-20 when I play games. Not all of them tho. But it also seems to happen at random. I only encountered this problem within this year. I've kept the same settings in my games as I did the previous years, and it's always been running at around 75-80 to even 113 FPS. the lowest at the time was 60. But within this year, whenever I play any games, there's this random stutter or annoying FPS drop of 15-20 for about 1-2 seconds and sometimes it goes away whenever I shake my mouse. 10% chance that this problem won't show up or occur and 90% it does happen. Idk what's causing it since I've already updated, uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers, but it still keeps on happening. It's really annoying at this point. sometimes when I'm playing, it stays smooth for like 5-10 minutes, then randomly it happens again , it just drops to 15 FPS for about a second or two, goes away then comes back again after like 10-20 seconds then goes away for about a minute, then comes back again. I really don't know what's causing it, and I've been tolerating it for months, until I have no choice but to ask here. And yes, I do maintain my stuff and clean it regularly every 2 months or so to prevent dust build up. But it's still there. It's weird because most of the time, this problem occurs, but sometimes it doesn't. Please help. This is for my laptop which has a GTX 1060.
 
Hello and good day, guys. As the title says I have this strange problem where my FPS randomly goes down to 15-20 when I play games. Not all of them tho. But it also seems to happen at random. I only encountered this problem within this year. I've kept the same settings in my games as I did the previous years, and it's always been running at around 75-80 to even 113 FPS. the lowest at the time was 60. But within this year, whenever I play any games, there's this random stutter or annoying FPS drop of 15-20 for about 1-2 seconds and sometimes it goes away whenever I shake my mouse. 10% chance that this problem won't show up or occur and 90% it does happen. Idk what's causing it since I've already updated, uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers, but it still keeps on happening. It's really annoying at this point. sometimes when I'm playing, it stays smooth for like 5-10 minutes, then randomly it happens again , it just drops to 15 FPS for about a second or two, goes away then comes back again after like 10-20 seconds then goes away for about a minute, then comes back again. I really don't know what's causing it, and I've been tolerating it for months, until I have no choice but to ask here. And yes, I do maintain my stuff and clean it regularly every 2 months or so to prevent dust build up. But it's still there. It's weird because most of the time, this problem occurs, but sometimes it doesn't. Please help. This is for my laptop which has a GTX 1060.
Could you tell the full pc specs?
 
Jun 4, 2022
6
0
10
0
Could you tell the full pc specs?
Hello! Thanks for replying. Here:


OS: Windows 10

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.86 GB usable)

Device ID: 11D478EC-8C26-416D-AB7D-EFC69082C472

Product ID: 00327-30202-48949-AAOEM

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

System Model: TUF GAMING FX504GM_FX80GM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
 
Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY