Question FPS Seems to drop after a certain amount of time?

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
I recently got a brand new NZXT BLD PC. For some reason, after a while of playing, or maybe even after something occurs, my fps seems to take a noticeable dip of about 40-80 FPS. I usually handle 144fps on Rainbow six siege on mixed settings no problem, but something suddenly makes me sit around 130. I am so confused as to what this could be because my system should be performing fine at ALL times but it isn't. I tried changing my power mode to high performance and my NVIDIA setting to prefer maximum performance. I originally thought this solved the issue but it just happened again now. My temps are fine and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Could it be some sort of CPU thing? My windows power plan auto switching to power saver? A windows update? Thanks all.

Note: From what ive noticed, a PC restart fixed this issue (only once have i noticed this).

CPU: i5-9600K
GPU: RTX 2060 Super

Last edited:
I recently got a brand new NZXT BLD PC. For some reason, after a while of playing, or maybe even after something occurs, my fps seems to take a noticeable dip of about 40-80 FPS. I usually handle 144fps on Rainbow six siege on mixed settings no problem, but something suddenly makes me sit around 130. I am so confused as to what this could be because my system should be performing fine at ALL times but it isn't. I tried changing my power mode to high performance and my NVIDIA setting to prefer maximum performance. I originally thought this solved the issue but it just happened again now. My temps are fine and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Could it be some sort of CPU thing? My windows power plan auto switching to power saver? A windows update? Thanks all.

Note: From what ive noticed, a PC restart fixed this issue (only once have i noticed this).

CPU: i5-9600K
GPU: RTX 2060 Super

What are your CPU and GPU temps before the issue happens, and after the issue happens? Could be some thermal problems happening.

If you do not know what the temps were/are .. find them out and report back to us. THANKS!