Question Fps slowly dropping over time in WoW Bfa

marthinw

Reputable
Apr 20, 2018
Hello,

I'm having fps issues in World of Warcraft Bfa, the fps slowly drops over time. Example: I start with 200 fps in a arena waiting room, as time goes this will start to drop. It will go down from 200 fps to 100 fps in the same waiting room, now if I reload the game its back to normal. That was just an example, this happens everywhere in the world.

I have done everything suggested on the blizzard website, I even reinstalled the computer. I have done multiple stress tests during the day with 3d mark and userbenchmark. I have checked for memory leaks and everything is fine.

My computer is almost brand new: 23/07/2020

Rtx 2080 super
Ryzen 9 3900x
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4
Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU
HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB

Monitor: Asus 27" ROG Strix XG279Q
This is suppose to cap at 170 cps but I can only set it to 144hz, maybe this can be a cause?

Another thing to note is that it only seems to be on WoW. Witcher 3 is stable.

Please, any suggestions? Im pretty desperate.

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
Are your bios, chipset drivers, gpu drivers, and Windows install full up to date? Have you checked temps? Are you using the Ryzen performance power plan, in windows? I do know that board isn't exactly great VRM wise. Make sure your case has adequate air flow. Are you sure your addons are fully up to date?

marthinw

Reputable
Apr 20, 2018
Are your bios, chipset drivers, gpu drivers, and Windows install full up to date? Have you checked temps? Are you using the Ryzen performance power plan, in windows? I do know that board isn't exactly great VRM wise. Make sure your case has adequate air flow. Are you sure your addons are fully up to date?

Thanks for your reply

All drivers are up to date. Windows is up to date. Temps are fine, i rarely see them over 60. Im using ryzen performance power plan, yes. Airflow in my case is good. I have the same results without addons, so its not that.
Maybe I should send the PC back in for a repair. This is so frustrating it's turning me off playing the game at all.

TRENDING THREADS