FPS Spikes on new card

Diversionz

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I recently built a new PC for Christmas and I have a MSI Geforce GTX 1060 and I play CSGO on all low settings for performance purposes with around 300 fps but there will be times that out of no where it will be spiking around 50-100 and huge tears in performance. I purchased King of the Kill and was playing all max graphics with around 100fps and all of a sudden I had to go to all low graphics barely pulling 70fps and spiking down to 40 with huge decrease in performance. Also playing Over Watch on medium settings the game was playing around 15-30fps and even freezing for 8+ seconds at a time.

Before I had a GTX 560 and the FPS was never this spiky and I never lagged in any of my games and the only difference is the actual quality of the graphics (the vibrant and crisp colors and detail while on low settings) I have read some review on the card I purchased and multiple people have said that it does have FPS spikes but I'm just not sure if mine is a lot worse because 15fps on Over Watch is pretty sad for a 1060. I am refunding the card on Newegg and I will be purchasing a newer version GPU because I can't go back to the dull and boring graphics of the 560. Should I get another 560 but maybe not MSI or should I go to a 1070?

Sorry for the long post, just had a really big question. lol

Diversionz

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Intel i5 6500k 3.5ghz