Question Fps Spikes

HuskyZ

Commendable
Mar 28, 2021
I have fps spikes in most games. I have an asus dual gtx 1650 i7 2600 and 8gb of ram. I dont have a ssd but i dont think thats a fps problem. Do you think the cpu could be bottlenecking the gpu? What should i do about it?(Motherboard doesnt let me overclock my cpu or ram)

Last edited:
FPS will fluctuate wildly in most games even at only 1080P, where, naturally, staring at the ground or a wall might spike FPS to 200+, yet running into a wide open space with 16 players all jumping/shooting will cause FPS to plummet....all of which is normal.

The 2600 is not capable of fully saturating a 1650, but, if settings are kept moderate , many games should still be capable of 60 fps...; just don't be expecting 300-350 fps in CS:GO...

HuskyZ

Commendable
Mar 28, 2021
What games are you experiencing the problem in? And what graphics settings are you running in those games?
Running high settings and native resolution(tried lowering the settings, didnt do anything) . For example valorant, fps move from 120-50 with large drops that are visible. Even if i lock my fps or enable vsync the visible spike drops are still there and they happen really often