Fps stutter problem

sambornemann9

Reputable
Jan 12, 2019
I am have some fps problems with my gaming PC. I have just moved from the us to the UK because of work, and now I am getting low fps/stuttering fps.
My build is
Msi 297s sli plus motherboard
I5 4590
Zotac gtx 1070 amp! Extreme
2 4gb zues ddr3
Power supply I got for free from the guy that helped me build it so not sure

Solution
Yeah, its overheating and lowering the cpu speed. Can see it's running at 1.9Ghz.

Check heatsink for damage or just loose screws. Probably best get some new paste and apply fresh. Clean old paste off with isopropyl. Want temps no more than 80c maximum load.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If psu doesn't have a voltage switch then its auto regulated.

Id look at cpu temps to make sure it's not throttling. Heatsink could have come loose or fan wire came off.

Inspect inside case, check fans are spinning and there's no heatsink wobble.

Check temps with Coretemp.

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

sambornemann9

Reputable
Jan 12, 2019

Looking at it, it's definitely a streak products ultra power supply. Doing some research on Google I think the model is LS series v2 500w

sambornemann9

Reputable
Jan 12, 2019

it does have a switch on it to go to 220v. all the fans are spinning, but it does seem like the heat sync is kinda loose. when i took it out of the box from shipping and set it up the cpu fan was making a slight rattling sound that would go away if i put a little pressure on it. here is the core temps at idle
WaQF99L.jpg

sambornemann9

Reputable
Jan 12, 2019

and this is with LOL running
MInNERL.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, its overheating and lowering the cpu speed. Can see it's running at 1.9Ghz.

Check heatsink for damage or just loose screws. Probably best get some new paste and apply fresh. Clean old paste off with isopropyl. Want temps no more than 80c maximum load.

Solution

sambornemann9

Reputable
Jan 12, 2019

So i got a new heat sync for the my cpu(i still had the stock intel one) and now the temp doesn't even get above 40 C and all the games are back to 100fps plus. thank you for the help