FPS Stutters in all games.

MWilliams1873

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone!

I've come here today in hopes of finally figuring out what's going on with my PC.

I'll try keep it short even though this has been a problem for a while.

First Gaming PC:

• i7 3770K
    GTX 770
    8GB RAM

My computer blue screened and it turns out the HDD was dead. I then bought a new HDD which wasn't the best quality. But it worked. I had FPS stutters in all my games since that day and I thought it was maybe just the HDD that I bought was faulty or something.

After buying a new HDD, I still had the same problem. I had this problem for around 4 months before buying a new computer completely, apart from the PSU which was

Second Gaming PC

• i7 4790K
    GTX 970
    16GB RAM

But... I still had my FPS stuttering issues.

I then replaced the PSU as that seemed like the last thing I could replace in the PC to hopefully get rid of my stuttering issues in all my games.

I've recently replaced everything in the PC apart from the PSU again as I just recently bought that.

I now have... (I'll put more detail in this setup to maybe give everyone a better idea)

• ASUS VIII Maximus Hero motherboard
    i7 7700K
    GTX 1080
    Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB RAM 3200Mhz
    250GB Samsung EVO SSD
    H110i Cooler
    1TB WD Blue
    1TB WD Black
    Corsair 850w PSU

The stuttering issues, i've grown used to but they are still a problem for me and I just wish I could enjoy smooth gameplay again, I'm not the best with computers which is why I'm wondering if anyone knows what the issue might be. Maybe there is a setting I forgot to turn on in the BIOS when I resinstalled windows? maybe there is a driver I didn't install correctly. I don't know.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

MWilliams1873

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017

Games:

Rust
CSGO
Battlefield 4
Witcher 3
ARK