Question FPS Stutters

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Hello, a while back I made a thread about me having fps stutters. I had a am3+ 9590fx cpu (I believe) and a R90 270 GPU with 16gb ddr3 rams.

I was adviced to just get a whole new setup. So I now have a ryzen 1600 cpu, 1070 8gb gpu and 16gb ram 2400mhz.
Although I still get lots of fps stutters!

Specs on new pc:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2ghz
Gigabyte B350 GA-AB350M Gaming 3
Corsair 16gb 4x4gb DDR4 2400mhz
ASUS GeForce 1070 8GB Dual OC
600w PSU

So I only play games such as Apex, LoL and CS but mainly CS. Sure I top 400 fps in CS. But I OFTEN get fps stutters. Just doesnt feel smooth at all. Its the same with every game. I get high fps but a lot of stuttering while playing. I recently cleaned my whole pc and reinstalled windows 10. Still same issue, more fps but same stuttering. Please help!

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
Hello, a while back I made a thread about me having fps stutters. I had a am3+ 9590fx cpu (I believe) and a R90 270 GPU with 16gb ddr3 rams.

I was adviced to just get a whole new setup. So I now have a ryzen 1600 cpu, 1070 8gb gpu and 16gb ram 2400mhz.
Although I still get lots of fps stutters!

Specs on new pc:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2ghz
Gigabyte B350 GA-AB350M Gaming 3
Corsair 16gb 4x4gb DDR4 2400mhz
ASUS GeForce 1070 8GB Dual OC
600w PSU

So I only play games such as Apex, LoL and CS but mainly CS. Sure I top 400 fps in CS. But I OFTEN get fps stutters. Just doesnt feel smooth at all. Its the same with every game. I get high fps but a lot of stuttering while playing. I recently cleaned my whole pc and reinstalled windows 10. Still same issue, more fps but same stuttering. Please help!
Just throw that motherboard away it is not for your build. That is surely causing the stutters.

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
100% sure? Any tips on what motherboard that works?
Get something like a X470 board from Asrock or MSI. I have the same motherboard and it is having problems with my RX 460 and Ryzen 3. Try the Taichi series or some other. Just to be sure monitor your usage of the components. If it drops suddenly it is the motherboard. It should not remain at constant low usage because it may indicate that one of your components is faulty. Otherwise I am pretty sure it is the motherboard.

Last edited:

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Get something like a X470 board from Asrock or MSI. I have the same motherboard and it is having problems with my RX 460 and Ryzen 3. Try the Taichi series or some other. Just to be sure monitor your usage of the components. If it drops suddenly it is the motherboard. It should not remain at constant low usage because it may indicate that one of your components is faulty. Otherwise I am pretty sure it is the motherboard.
So I should monitor everything while in a game and see if my cpu, gpu and ram has high usage?

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
GWmddWF.png

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
That is normal for that GPU. Tell the PSU model. Also set the power limit to max using msi afterburner so you GPU can draw full power it needs. If it still stutters it is the motherboard because that motherboard is too poor to supply power to a GTX 1070.
Yah I'll check the psu model when I get home. I had a 1050 ti strix 4gb before and same thing with that and also same thing with my old R9 270, you believe the motherboard cant supply enough power to any of these? Im starting to think that maybe my psu is unstable? But then it shouldnt run at all right?

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
Yah I'll check the psu model when I get home. I had a 1050 ti strix 4gb before and same thing with that and also same thing with my old R9 270, you believe the motherboard cant supply enough power to any of these? Im starting to think that maybe my psu is unstable? But then it shouldnt run at all right?
That board can supply power to those cards. What I think that it is not a good board overall in supplying power to any GPU because I have the same board with RX 460 and I am having problems running it. But for a 1070 it is surely not good.And yes it could be that your PSU brand is not good. These PSUs run well when they are not under load but under load they fail to supply power. did you max power limit?

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
That board can supply power to those cards. What I think that it is not a good board overall in supplying power to any GPU because I have the same board with RX 460 and I am having problems running it. But for a 1070 it is surely not good.And yes it could be that your PSU brand is not good. These PSUs run well when they are not under load but under load they fail to supply power. did you max power limit?
I always run on max power limit and there is no difference. I have a Corsair CX600, it's very old.

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Alright boys look we're getting somewhere now. I updated bios and pulled out 2 of my ram sticks. I still get fps stutters but less often. Very less often, It's playable but can screw me over still in csgo. I want it to be perfect. Any more tips?

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
So I actually have to buy even more new stuff to my pc? There's no other way? Since it looked before like the motherboard was the issue. I cba to buy new rams and it's the motherboard that is the issue.
No RAM speed will not help at all. One last thing you can try before you have to change the motherboard is disable hibernate, fast startup, sleep. That is what solved my problems.

ph77

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Last edited: