[SOLVED] FPS Wont Go Higher Despite Being Able To

jessipotimous

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Okay so i play Rust a good bit and i was having stutters bc of thermal throttling for cpu. i ordered Hyper 212 and temps are fine and whatnot and no stutters at all. so now my game is sitting at 40-57fps. ive tried changing settings and everything else but nothing helps. also my cpu and gpu are only at around 40-50% for both of them and ram is only using 11gb. im kinda confused because with my old setup which was the same minus the ssd and cpu (upgraded since then) i would get around 70 fps but with stutters from overheating. if you have any ideas or help it would be greatly appreciated.

CPU - FX 8350
GPU - GTX 1050
RAM - 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
SSD - Kingston M.2 120gb (which is where the game is installed)

things i have tried
updating drivers
deleting config
restarting pc
changing nvidia control panel
using geforce experience

Solution
If you haven't changed anything between the time you had better fps and now, it's likely something on the software side, like the recent Windows update, or some default setting in NVCP.

jessipotimous

Commendable
May 22, 2018
1)Incomplete, huh? Did it ever give a reason for the crashes, or did it simply close, and nothing else?

2)The test reported some fairly high background usage. Did you have anything downloading in the background?
i had some chrome tabs open but i closed them and the only other things running was steam and discord with nothing downloading nor was there a video playing in discord so idk.
i also tried taking my two ram sticks out that arent the same as the other two and it ran exactly the same
i didnt say why it was incomplete so i just redownloaded it and tried it again.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Well, do a virus scan to be sure.
Give this one a spin, as it can find malware that antivirus programs tend to miss: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

2)Cpu usage is a bit different compared to gpu and ram. It can be maxed out even though it's not at 100% usage. All it takes is 1 or 2 threads, AKA the primary threads, to be sitting at or around 100% to be considered a cpu limitation.
You need to check the usage for each core in game.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

jessipotimous

Commendable
May 22, 2018
1)Well, do a virus scan to be sure.
Give this one a spin, as it can find malware that antivirus programs tend to miss: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

2)Cpu usage is a bit different compared to gpu and ram. It can be maxed out even though it's not at 100% usage. All it takes is 1 or 2 threads, AKA the primary threads, to be sitting at or around 100% to be considered a cpu limitation.
You need to check the usage for each core in game.

i ran the thing and restarted but it didnt say there were any items detected and whatnot

jessipotimous

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Any other games you can test with? Rust is one of those poorly optimized titles that doesn't know what to do with all the resources available to it.

hi im sorry for the uber late reply but even in Dayz i was only getting like 60-70 fps where i used to get around 110 in the woodland areas.

gonna try uninstalling my gpu drivers and reinstalling completely