PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Model: Aspire TC-281
CPU: AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7
RAM: 8192MB RAM
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
Storage: Samsung EVO 860
PSU: 600W Thermaltake

I recently grabbed this older PC and decided to upgrade some parts in it to run games better until I can afford a brand new build (didn't have the money to purchase everything at once for new PC)

Before installing the new SSD I got last week, I had the old hard drive in there with the GPU, and was getting 100-200 FPS in-game on CSGO and 300-400 on the menu.

Once I installed the new SSD, I removed the old hard drive, installed every driver for the graphics card, chip set, Winodws updates, etc (I even manually updated each little driver inside device manager), my FPS dropped to 25-50 in game with incredible stutter and 80-120 on menu.

I know SSD's dont do much about FPS performance but this did not happen before I installed the SSD.

I made sure everything was booting correctly inside BIOS and set to AHCI (didnt let me change it to any other options)

Is it because my mother board and cpu cant handle the speeds of the SSD with only 8 gb of ram??

I'm still very new to PC building and PC parts, so if anyone has tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ssd wouldn't cause this and your system isn't holding it back. Be more to do with configuration settings like power plans, possibly Game Bar, Windows updates etc.

If you disconnect every cable to fit the drive, if you have integrated graphics, check the video cable is where it should be 😊

Also check cpu temps for any signs of throttling.

Nov 19, 2019
Ssd wouldn't cause this and your system isn't holding it back. Be more to do with configuration settings like power plans, possibly Game Bar, Windows updates etc.

If you disconnect every cable to fit the drive, if you have integrated graphics, check the video cable is where it should be 😊

Also check cpu temps for any signs of throttling.

I know the SSD doesn’t really do anything to fps. just boot times...
Also, game bar is completely off, windows power is set to high performance, so i’ve done everything already. i literally took the pc part and put it back together incase things were not seated correctly. everything is in the proper place and all settings are configured as to my knowledge... i even turned off every animation, shadows in windows, dragging windows animation. nothing

not sure what happened

PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Model: Aspire TC-281
CPU: AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7
RAM: 8192MB RAM
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
Storage: Samsung EVO 860
PSU: 600W Thermaltake

I recently grabbed this older PC and decided to upgrade some parts in it to run games better until I can afford a brand new build (didn't have the money to purchase everything at once for new PC)

Before installing the new SSD I got last week, I had the old hard drive in there with the GPU, and was getting 100-200 FPS in-game on CSGO and 300-400 on the menu.

Once I installed the new SSD, I removed the old hard drive, installed every driver for the graphics card, chip set, Winodws updates, etc (I even manually updated each little driver inside device manager), my FPS dropped to 25-50 in game with incredible stutter and 80-120 on menu.

I know SSD's dont do much about FPS performance but this did not happen before I installed the SSD.

I made sure everything was booting correctly inside BIOS and set to AHCI (didnt let me change it to any other options)

Is it because my mother board and cpu cant handle the speeds of the SSD with only 8 gb of ram??

I'm still very new to PC building and PC parts, so if anyone has tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried reinstalling the HDD moving the game back, and seeing if the issue persists? If the issue went away after doing that, then that could lead to a faulty SSD.

If the issue DID persist, were looking at a gpu driver error. Was the HDD used as only game storage or did it hold driver info?

Nov 19, 2019
Have you tried reinstalling the HDD moving the game back, and seeing if the issue persists? If the issue went away after doing that, then that could lead to a faulty SSD.

If the issue DID persist, were looking at a gpu driver error. Was the HDD used as only game storage or did it hold driver info?
So i did try to wipe the harddrve and boot the game off that and still getting the same frames... thats what i thought it was, was the SSD but Samsung Magician says its perfect and im gettting the right write speeds

Nov 19, 2019
Did your HDD hold any important system data before you removed it and wiped it? or was it stricktly for game storage?
it didn’t. completely wiped it and formatted it. uninstalled csgo and installed to the hdd and still the same frame so i uninstalled it and put it back on the ssd as it got the same frames

Nov 19, 2019
Nothing really odd looking with Userbench.

Shame the hdd was wiped. Could have dual booted and compared Adrenaline settings.

How about video driver, you using the same? How was this installed and from where?
unfortunately yes... went to AMD site and downloaded the correct drivers for the gpu and chipset. ive done it about 6 times when i kept restore windows fresh trying to fix it

D

Deleted member 14196

So i did try to wipe the harddrve and boot the game off that and still getting the same frames... thats what i thought it was, was the SSD but Samsung Magician says its perfect and im gettting the right write speeds
what does this mean? did you format the drive and CLEAN install windows at all?

Nov 19, 2019
sorry haha, yes i formatted the drive. i even went into command prompt before reinstalling windows and cleaned the drive there too. then did a fresh install of windows. made sure it was a custom install with nothing extra installed as in privacy. once i reinstalled. i downloaded all drivers from amd. went into device manager, update every single little drive (only 2 really updated and was the wi-fi card) went and turned off everything that i don’t need on windows including game bar, animations, etc. i took my pc apart before that too and reseated the gpu and ram cause i moved the tower a lot to different rooms during my move to the new house. made sure every wire was snug.

i’m just lost and not sure what else there is. went into regedit after all that didn’t work, i set most values to 0 which i got tips from other users on reddit.

i feel like my cpu can’t handle the ssd but again that would make much sense. the cpu is still decent