Fractal Arc case question!

veggiemann

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hi everyone

im seriously considering buying a fractal arx xl because it looks like a great case. But i HATE the smoked window on the side panel. Does anyone if i can somehow remove that window and just replace it with a clear piece of acrylic. i fine with the size of the window, so i dont think i will need to alter the panel, but please can someone help me and tell me if i can replace the window with a clear one!

also please included to tell me how to do the replacement :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6aIJKROKRs
@ 8:28

i cant say for sure since i havent been able to find a reasonably clear photo of the inside of the panel other than that video...

but in general most windows are replaceable without too much effort. on my own case for instance the window is held in with nuts. on my other case the window is special and is held in with tabs and a specially cut window with slots for the tabs which is not quite as easy but still doable.

in a worst case scenario there are generic window mods that you can do.

since finding an image is proving to be a bit difficult i would highly suggest contacting fractal about their case and asking them this question or asking for a photo of how the window is held in place.

honestly without knowing how the window is held on its hard to say how easy or hard or even if you would want to do it.