[SOLVED] Fractal define 7 heat sudden heat issue?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
I have the following system installed in Fractal define 7.
Aeros Z390 Pro
Intel i9 9900k
64 GB DDR4 ram
Noctua NS-D15 cooler.
Asus 2070 EVO.
dual 970 evo pro in raid
Windows 10 latest.
Corsair 750W RM PSU

No overclocking.

Running latest drivers and firmware.

What happened is that during gaming the games suddenly started to freeze and then reboot into the bios. First game this happened in that Shadow of the Tomb Raider at max settings. Then Hitman 3 and later Call of Duty: Cold War. I was affried something was breaking down. So now what I removed the top cover, and glas side panel. And now low and behold no reboot.

Its summer and the room temp swings between 25c og 29 c. Could it be that my setup couldn't handle the external heat? Or do I need to put in top fans in the case for it to survive?

Solution
I think I solved the issue myself. Because when it freezed it gave a bluescreen before reboot which said
"Critical Process Died in Windows 10".

Before ripping motherboard, PSU, CPU put and replacing them then I went through all PSU cables. It turned the cable from the PSU to GPU a 4 x 2 pin power connector partioned into a 3 x 2 and 1 x 2 and those were suppose to click together to create the 4 x 2 pin connector, a tiny plastic peg was missing from the cable so the 2 x 1 pin wouldn't click in properly. I replaced the cable, so it clicked into place. And then now for three days and with gaming at high settings, everything works now.

Aeros Z390 Pro
Intel...

Furzumz

Reputable
Do you got any temperature monitoring software? If not you can use something like hwmonitor

Put the panels back on and play the games that cause problems for awhile and keep an eye on the temperatures while playing. You can check the "max" column on the right to see the highest temperature your CPU and video card are reaching at any given point

Come back here and tell us what the temps look like

tmcc

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
If you boot into the bios, you should be able to see the fan profiles, temperatures and figure out where its going bad. If your CPU fan is dead, you might be overheating.

If your PSU is dying, you might have slowly diminishing gaming capability. That happened to me last fall.

If you cant power on at all now, I'd start with swapping the PSU

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
I think I solved the issue myself. Because when it freezed it gave a bluescreen before reboot which said
"Critical Process Died in Windows 10".

Before ripping motherboard, PSU, CPU put and replacing them then I went through all PSU cables. It turned the cable from the PSU to GPU a 4 x 2 pin power connector partioned into a 3 x 2 and 1 x 2 and those were suppose to click together to create the 4 x 2 pin connector, a tiny plastic peg was missing from the cable so the 2 x 1 pin wouldn't click in properly. I replaced the cable, so it clicked into place. And then now for three days and with gaming at high settings, everything works now.

Aeros Z390 Pro
Intel i9 9900k
64 GB DDR4 ram
Noctua NS-D15 cooler.
Asus 2070 EVO.
dual 970 evo pro in raid
Windows 10 latest.
Corsair 750W RM PSU

No overclocking.

Running latest drivers and firmware.

What happened is that during gaming the games suddenly started to freeze and then reboot into the bios. First game this happened in that Shadow of the Tomb Raider at max settings. Then Hitman 3 and later Call of Duty: Cold War. I was affried something was breaking down. So now what I removed the top cover, and glas side panel. And now low and behold no reboot.

Its summer and the room temp swings between 25c og 29 c. Could it be that my setup couldn't handle the external heat? Or do I need to put in top fans in the case for it to survive?

Solution