[SOLVED] Fractal Design Celsius S36 and Celsius Plus S36

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any significant difference between these 2 units?
I know the older one uses a Gen 5 Asetek pump and the new one a Gen 6.

Would it be worth the price difference to get the one with the newer pump design?
The plan: to use it with the Kraken G12 mounting kit on my 1080Ti.
The purpose: simply to gain some experience with using a liquid cooler.

PC specs are in the first signature spoiler, if needed.

Solution
I agree, as did Steve. Same warranty, same performance, 50 bucks more.

px3Qmai.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Worth watching, as most of Steve's stuff is.

What I gathered from that was:
-the larger impeller: like, wow, that's huge...
-the split flow vs the single chamber flow
-the angular barbs vs the direct in-house on the older gen
Those appear to be the biggest differences between the 2. It doesn't matter from a performance standpoint, but the 6th gen design is supposed to improve reliability - but there doesn't appear to be any proof of that.
Both have 5 year warranties, and there's a 50USD difference between the 2 models I'm looking at.

Hmm, to pay 50USD up front for what is supposed to be a more durable pump. That might be worth it.
Thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Bass Junkie

Commendable
Jul 21, 2019
I went with the s36 360mm AIO original .
Kraken g12 + 6 x 120mm fans on the s36 @ fan curve of maximum 1100 rpm idol @ 600 rpm.

Gaming temps @ 1440p 100% load 8 hrs is 41 c @ 2012 MHz core @ 1.050 v

S36 is great.

Fractal design is a great company to deal with too. In every case I've ever had cause to contact them, they have gone FAR beyond what should be expected in terms of satisfactory service after the sale by a manufacturer.

I purchased a tempered glass side panel for my Define S, four times, from four different vendors, and every time, it arrived shattered and had to be returned. I contacted Fractal design and explained what was going on, and asked if they could send me one directly with additional and sufficient protective packaging to ensure it wouldn't break. I told them I'd pay whatever extra they needed to do this just so I could get a dang panel. They sent me one, not broken, for free. No charge whatsoever.

When I first got my Define S case, it came with only three of the legs/feet that screw into the bottom. I contacted them about it asking for the missing leg. They sent me a whole new SET of legs, no charge. As well, the fully replaced the side panel for the backside that came with the case, again, no charge, because it had a scratch on it. I'll give you one guess who it came from with a missing leg and a scratched side panel and their name rhymes with Glue Keg. They had refused to do any of that or to replace the whole thing because the package had been opened.

Seriously? How do you even get to the point you know something needs to be replaced because it's clearly been previously opened and damaged, without opening the package. Fractal has my full support for any product they sell until circumstances dictate otherwise. They are like EVGA when it comes to superior customer service. And considering their offices and warehouses aren't even on the same continent as I am, that's pretty outstanding.

Jun 17, 2020
Will the Celsius+ models even work with the Kraken G12? I've seen videos of people getting the S24 to work by simply removing the CPU bracket. Does anyone know if this same workaround also applies to the new Celsius+ models?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Will the Celsius+ models even work with the Kraken G12? I've seen videos of people getting the S24 to work by simply removing the CPU bracket. Does anyone know if this same workaround also applies to the new Celsius+ models?
From what I was able to find, the AIOs that 'should' be compatible with the Kraken G12 are Asetek models, of which their mounting bracket appears to be universal with other Asetek units.