Question Fractal Design Focus 2 with CD/DVD mechanical drive?

Sep 15, 2023
Hello, noob here... I was looking around the specs and I cant find whether a CD/DVD mechanical drive 3.5'' can fit into a case called "Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB Black TG Clear Tint" If so, is it from the front or which position, because by looking at the case images, it looks like its not possible., what do you guys think?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hello, noob here... I was looking around the specs and I cant find whether a CD/DVD mechanical drive 3.5'' can fit into a case called "Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB Black TG Clear Tint" If so, is it from the front or which position, because by looking at the case images, it looks like its not possible., what do you guys think?

You mean a standard height 5.25 inch optical drive? That's a NO. If you want you can get an external case for your optical drive like the one from OWC. I have one of these and its fine; you just have to make sure your drive is not too deep to fit in the case. I have an LG WH16NS60 in mine.

Reactions: WutisDat

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024

The only Fractal Design cases that can fit optical drives are the Core series - https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/core/ and the Define 7 and Define 7 XL - https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-7/Black TG Dark Tint/

Core is a little bit older, but can be found cheap. Define 7 is a very modern case and has a more versatile layout. Probably overkill for most people. The build quality is high though.

Jan 14, 2024

You might consider the Focus G Mini, shown here...

EDIT: Didn't see the previous posts from others -- browser likes to hop around like a jumping bean... :p