Review Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum 760W Power Supply Review

shadyj

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
The Ion+ 760P from Fractal Design offers good performance and silent operation at a decent price.

Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum 760W Power Supply Review : Read more
Hello,

I just want to thank Tom's Hardware for such in-depth PSU reviews like this with serious measurements. I will admit most of the metrics in the review go over my head, but the reviewer does provide guidance as to how those measurements rank the product under review. I know this is not easy to do since I review products that have measurable performance that can get highly technical, but I try to provide commentary as to the meaning of the test results. These objective results are so much more valuable than some "influencer's" subjective experience on youtube or some other low data review. This really helps us who aren't electrical engineers make a slightly more informed purchase with more confidence.

Thanks!

NoFaultius

Reputable
Sep 2, 2019
Interesting timing on your article. I just RMA'd this power supply today. It worked great for 10 months, then started causing random reboots. While it worked, it worked great. Silent and strong. So far, they have been good with the RMA process. They emailed me a label to send them the defective unit back. Apparently they will send me a replacement once they get it and run some tests.