Review Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact Review: Understated Excellence

Colif

Win 11 Master
Really, fact they think Fans are good despite not being pwm cancels out another con. Maybe they were stretching and didn't want just 2 negatives. None of the points against are really negative enough to stop people buying case. They likely have a non TG variant, they just send the tg variant around as I guess percentage of people who don't care if its there is higher than those who don't want it.

RGB should be optional and not built into case as there are enough people around who will avoid the case if its got that. I know the proto stages of RGB 5 years ago made it hard for me to find a case I wanted.

I like the changes to the front, I wish my Meshify S2 had the door filter system :(

hushnecampus

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
I’ve often wondered about cases like this and the big radiators at the front - are they blowing out or in? If in then you’re blowing hot air in to the case, if out then the filter is in the wrong place. How is this usually arranged?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if the rad is an aio on the front, its intake.

its works better than you would think.
having aio on roof of case means all the heat from gpu gets blown through the radiator on way out of case (depends where gpu blows its air, on blower type cards it makes little difference)
I have my aio as intake

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021
if the rad is an aio on the front, its intake.

its works better than you would think.
having aio on roof of case means all the heat from gpu gets blown through the radiator on way out of case (depends where gpu blows its air, on blower type cards it makes little difference)
I have my aio as intake

It depends on the case .. this needs a meshed front case and is better to remove the front filters.

The roof mounting has a positive as well , no filters needed and better airflow out of the case .

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
One thing to consider with cases is if you think you will still like them in a few years.
I picked up a Fractal Design R4 when I built a rig with sli 780tis, an optical drive and a bunch of HDDs. It is still fine and looks ok, but is huge and has space for a lot of things that are basically obsolete.
I replaced it with a Define C to get a more reasonably sized pc. It has newer components inside as well, but could still fit everything from the old pc but the optical drive and bunch of currently small capacity 3.5" HDDs.

I think this Meshify 2 will still look good after life changes that happen over the time it is still useful.

An angly, rgb case that shouts XTREEM in 2021 probably won't. Neither will gamer chairs or racecar beds.