[SOLVED] Fractal Design Meshify S2 vs Cooler Master H500M?

skeletorbro

Distinguished
May 17, 2012
Looking to upgrade my rig over the next couple months and am stuck on which case I should get. I am looking for a case with high airflow and have narrowed it down to these two. The H500M is a bit more, but if I were to go with the Meshify I would probably invest in some better fans. I really like the look of both but I am curious to hear what others opinions are and some of the pros and cons of each.

Solution
Fractal design cases are far better quality than anything Cooler master sells at any price point. No way, by any stretch of the imagination, that I'd go with a Cooler master case like the H500M over the Meshify S2. All of the Define cases, R4, R5, R6, Define S, Meshify S2, Define S2, all of them are great cases with very good features.

Plus, if you ever have a quality control or electronics issue on something that's part of the case, or anything you buy from them, Fractal design is like EVGA when it comes to customer service. Far and away superior to just about anybody else in the hardware industry when it comes to supporting their products. I've LITERALLY had them send me a full new set of legs for my Define S when it came with only...
Fractal design cases are far better quality than anything Cooler master sells at any price point. No way, by any stretch of the imagination, that I'd go with a Cooler master case like the H500M over the Meshify S2. All of the Define cases, R4, R5, R6, Define S, Meshify S2, Define S2, all of them are great cases with very good features.

Plus, if you ever have a quality control or electronics issue on something that's part of the case, or anything you buy from them, Fractal design is like EVGA when it comes to customer service. Far and away superior to just about anybody else in the hardware industry when it comes to supporting their products. I've LITERALLY had them send me a full new set of legs for my Define S when it came with only three in the box, which was clearly Newegg's fault since it was apparent that it was a return. They also shipped them free of charge.

I've had them ship me free of charge a replacement acrylic side panel as well, since mine had a minor scratch on it and when I purchased a tempered glass side panel for this Define S, through three different retailers including Newegg, Beach audio and Amazon, all three came shattered. When I contacted Fractal design to express my frustration, because I had specifically requested from Newegg that it get additional protective packaging since I'd already gotten two shattered panels but they refused and I again got a shattered panel, FD not only shipped me a new tempered glass panel which the product manager personally triple wrapped in bubble wrap, but they gave me the panel for free and shipped it to me from Gothenburg Sweden, at no charge.

I don't know of any other company that would do that and they get my full support when it comes to selecting and comparing cases. Whether you want a budget case, which the Focus G suits very well, or a high quality middle of the road case like most of the Define series, it's very hard to beat FD for the money.

But Phanteks, Corsair, Lian Li and Be Quiet have some very good offerings as well. For the most part, unless you are comparing one of their higher end products to something more middling from one of these other companies, I wouldn't ever put Cooler Master, Thermaltake or Antec in the same category as these others in terms of quality, functionality, features or customer service.

Solution